Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Yufang Zhou
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Diagnostic Framework is the latest tool developed to make troubleshooting much easier when collecting logs and traces from multiple components and servers in UCM/CUPS/UCCE/CVP. Using AnalysisManager in RTMT to connect to Diagnostic Framework on each server, you can use RTMT GUI interface to set trace level and collect logs for UCM, UCCE and CVP at one shot and have all the required logs saved in one location and upload to TAC.

15 Comments
choiwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this is a great video!~

Arpit Arora
Level 1
Level 1

This is really gr8!!!!! Thanx

Mike Cairns
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent!  I have been trying to get this amount of detail on the new Diagnostics Framework for weeks.  This finally solved my problem.  I would suggest that this be documented more clearly in ICM/CVP 8.5(x) because it is very unclear how this process will work in the current versions of the product.  Nice Job Youfang!

yfujimoto
Level 1
Level 1

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you. It made my life much easier.

ram_22483
Level 1
Level 1

I have RTMT tool version 8.1, however i'm not able to find the analysis manager menu/option when i install.

Please provide suggestions for this.

Mike Cairns
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure about version 8.1 for sure, but you can always download the latest plugin from your CUCM server.  Please note the location where you will find analysis manager in the image below.  Follow Youfang's video for details on how to setup your UCCE/CVP components.  He really did a good job on it.  Analysis Manager.jpg

Yufang Zhou
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for some delays here. There is some confusion about the version numbering on the tool and the server. What is required for you to have the AnalysisManager is that you need to use the RTMT downloaded from CM8.x, or later (I think the tool version maybe 9.1) and the RTMT then need to be connected to a CM 8.x cluster. This may be the cause of not getting the Analysis Manager tab

ram_22483
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the clarification Yufang

Mike Cairns
Level 1
Level 1

The image I provided above was from RTMT version 8.7 if you wondered and we are running CUCM 8.5 on that box.

bill.king
Level 1
Level 1

I agree this is helpful, but would good if it could be documented clearer in some of the guides.

Also, I apologize if I missed it, but in the case of turning up tracing as an example, is there a way to undo/set to default the changes after you turned it up? So often, we don't want the tracing turned up too high.If we use the tool to enable tracing like on the router in the video, is there a straightforward way to undo/revert those changes? Or would you have to know to go back in and change them all back to default?

1ashlee2794
Level 1
Level 1

How do you view these videos?????

dipika2012
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to view this video....Has it been removed?

Rajesh Muthu
Level 1
Level 1

hi all, to view this video, use IE

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I could not find Diagnostic Framework and AnalysisManager on my RTMT,

My CUCM version is 7.1 , which of the version  contain this tool.

Kemal,

Not available for 7.X.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links