Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
John McGuire
Level 1
Level 1

In order to get the most automated process for adding new agents both the Bulk Insert and Bulk Edit functions are required utilizing Person and Agent tables.

1)      Bulk Insert – Person

a.       Import the Person file

2)      Bulk edit – Person

a.       Export the Person file

i.      All you need in the export is the Person ID and the Name for reference

3)      Excel

a.       Open Agent file and Person file in Excel

b.      Sort the Person ID and name in the Person file so it matches how you want them to line up with the Agent records in the Agent file

c.       Select and Copy the Person IDs from the Person ID column in the Person file

d.      Paste the Person IDs into the Person ID column in the Agent file

4)      Bulk Insert – Agent

a.       Import the modified agent file with the Person IDs now populated

b.      All required fields are now populated automatically and can be saved.

There are some other details when creating the Person File and the Agent File to use for import.

1)      You must use values that are valid for the system and the field or it will leave the field blank

2)      An easy way to get the right file structure is to first Export an existing entry from the Person and Agent tables using the Bulk Edit export function.

a.       This serves as a model for your new Person and Agent file records.

Comments
Derek Bovard
Level 1
Level 1

I have created an application that can take a list of ACD agent names (peripheralnumbers,lastname,firstname) and bulk creates/changes the first/lastname of existing ICM agents.  This was created to change ICM agent names when Agent-Reporting is  enabled on Cisco ICM and  the agent names are auto-generated with F1234  and L1234. If you have a need to change firstname,lastname of existing  ICM agents in order to show agent names in Cisco Webview reports let me  know.

pheadden
Level 1
Level 1

Nice tool

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey hi johnmcgu,

Hope ur doing good. :) Thanks for this config in above post. Am using UCCE 10.5 in lab environment. Worked till step-3 as u mentioned, step 4 fails i.e. when importing modified .txt file (PersonID and Enterprise name mentioned) under Tools - Bulk_config - Insert - Agent bulk insert.

It throws me error. Screensnap attached.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

John McGuire
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ritesh,

I haven't tested the procedure against 10.5 

This being over 4 years old probably was on version 8.x

Having said that the error you show warns about the max columns allowed for the bulk import.

Have you tried removing one of the columns to bring it to the 15 column maximum?

The error also references removing the primary key field as this cannot be imported.

This is one of those nice occasions that the error is telling you exactly what needs to be done.

Remove primary key entries and reduce the numeber of columns to 15 or less.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey Hi john,

Thanks for response.

Yes it worked! Skill Target ID is the primary key field in Agent table. I was trying uploading 15 columns by the method which you've suggested. Error popping-up was because of empty primary key field.

Now the .txt file uploads successfully but data is wrongly updated in tables. I figured out!

1. Agent columns exported in txt file is different compared to one which exist in Agent Bullk (Insert) window. Eg: tables exported are Skill target ID, Person ID, etc.

In Agent Bullk (Insert) window, Agent name, Schedule, etc. Column names are different. Am exporting .txt file from Agent Bulk (Insert) option.

So, while importing modified .txt file (Skill target ID added) data updated under wrong columns.

2. I dint understood your step-1 Import Person option. So, I skipped. Do I need to define list of Agents first?

Hope you got me what am trying to say.

Thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai

diwakar.d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ritesh,

Response below:

1. It is good practice to have the column names mapped to the column appropriately in excel before importing. This will ensure that all the columns are mapped correctly. Also while importing u can select which columns are being imported so your colums can be mapped accordingly.

2. Person import is a mandatory step for Agent Import. That is, if you need to insert an Agent you need to ensure that the Person is imported and a Person ID is generated. This Person ID will then be used in importing an Agent.

Hope this helps?

Thanks,

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Diwakar,

Thanks for revert.

Yes ur Point-2 helped me. There remains confusion in start then easier later on. I was trying to assign Skillgroup to agents using bulk but unable to find it, any chance?

Thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have found that when bulk importing the Persons, putting a description immensely helped me when doing the bulk Agent, especially post-cutover when Persons and Agents exist in the system. 

diwakar.d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The way I do it - Using bulk edit export identify the last Person ID before Import. Any ID that gets created post my import would be ID's of my import.

Thanks, 

mohamed.salim
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement to add a more significant number of VDNs list in Peripheral Monitor tab for a specific Peripheral in PG Explorer. Do we have any bulk import option. I looked into the PG Explorer but don't see any options. 

Can anyone please help here. Thanks in advance. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: