cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Comments
arun.sharma2
Level 1
Level 1

Is this attendant console having facility where the receptionist can answer the incoming call from wireless handset, if he/she will be away from the attendant console application installed system.

MWindham2
Level 1
Level 1

If the operator uses a Cisco wireless handset, they will be able to answer calls while they are away from the console. The Cisco UAC Standard application acts as a direct representation of the operators phone. If the operator performs actions such as placing a call on hold, or parking the call on the wireless handset, it will be visible in the console when he/she returns to their station. Cisco 7920, 7921, 7925, 7925G, 7925G-EX, 7926 and 7931 wireless handsets are supported with Cisco UAC Standard.

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Appreciate your time to put the CUAC Standard Demo together!

Looking forward to see a 10.5 Version with the new features as and when it is available (just make sure the entries of BLF and Directory match - unlike for example at 07:00, where 3016 is actually two different guys )

amburney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi..

I am setting up attendant console 10 for a client. I was wondering if there is any good documentation regarding presence integration. I am having issues getting my presence and BLF fields show any status.

MWindham2
Level 1
Level 1

Presence integration and BLF configuration is located in sections 2-7 and 2-8 of the Installation and Configuration guide. Ensure that the information is entered correctly and that the operator has an end user Presence user ID/password. As for BLF, make sure that devices to be monitored for BLF are assigned to the Application User created in CUCM.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/Installation_and_Configuration_Guide/CUACS_Install_Config_Guide_10-0-1.pdf

amburney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the info..I configured every thing accordingly. When i put the CUPS info under config--> presence tab, it says unable to reach...I thing the client network is blocking port 5222 as i can ping the CUPS from my PC but not able to ping/ssh it on port 5222.

lopez-martin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if you could share some info about reporting, couldn't you?

Is it possible to customize reports in CUACE?

Tanking you in advance

mawindha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

Currently, CUEAC does not support customized reports. The reports available include:

• Incoming Calls by Date and Time
  • Overflowed Calls by Date
  • Operator Calls by Time
  • Operator Calls by Queue
Jonathan Els
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Matt

Please can you advise how one is supposed to do a blind transfer to external in CUAC Standard?  The related tech note alludes to a registry entry that needs to be modified.  When we deployed this, we were unable to find the Blind Transfers registry entry - in fact all the entries in the Standard client were unavailable.  The tech note appears to relate more to CUAC Advanced.

1. Are we supposed to manually add the entry for CUAC Standard?
  2. If so, what CSS is actually then used for the blind transfer?  Does this also concatenate the Line/Device CSS of the attendant like a consultative transfer, provided the registry entry is configured correctly?
  3. Needing to manually edit registry entries to get this work really terrible, especially since some clients are not keen to provide this kind of access to their machines.  When can we expect a proper working solution?

Thanks for the video, really great stuff.

mawindha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan,

Registry entries do not need to be modified for Blind Transfers in CUAC Standard. I believe that the technote you are referencing is for the server based Attendant Consoles as they are referring to the CTI port initiating the transfer. A Blind Transfer can be initiated to any valid external number from CUAC Standard by entering the desired number in the dial pad, or by adding the contact details in to a Personal Directory group.

Thanks,

Matt

Jonathan Els
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Matt

So we finally got this working.  Your answer is 90% correct, but I still needed to refer to the CUAC Advanced guide to get this workign

Yes, we do not need the registry entries for CUAC standard.  However, as with CUAC Advanced, the CSS controlling the Blind Transfer is the inbound gateway CSS, as it seems that the CTI port used is now internal to CUCM itself - but the routing behavior is still the same as for CUAC Advanced.  The user line CSS is still only used for consultative transfers

After adding the necessary external RP's to the internal GW CSS, the external blind transfer is now working as we'd expect.

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

mbonet1976
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering would this work for an office with multiple operators?  Would they be able to see each others calls as they come in from the queue?  For example, if one operator puts a call on hold or park, can the other operators see those and take them if they chose to?

ualbdp2c1
Level 4
Level 4

I have this same question.  Just curious if you figured out the answer.

jsandstr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mbonet1976 and Brad,

mbonet1976 wrote:

I'm wondering would this work for an office with multiple operators?  Would they be able to see each others calls as they come in from the queue?  For example, if one operator puts a call on hold or park, can the other operators see those and take them if they chose to?

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: You could set your operators (CUAC Standards users) with a shared line across their physical handsets. When a call comes into that shared line (likely via a hunt group that you've configured on CUCM), all operators with that shared line will see the ringing call. When one operator answers the call, that call then disappears from everyone else's attendant console. When the operator who answered the call puts the call on hold, it will then appear to all other CUAC Standard users as a call on hold (so another user could pick the call up). Re. call park, all CUAC Standard users see everyone's parked calls.

Thanks,

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: