Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ferikci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, in this video you can see the differences between various VoIP codecs. I also put the frequency analysis of each codec, so you can see the differences clearly.

Here are the codecs in the video : G.711 alaw, G.711 ulaw, G.722, G.723, G.729, G.729a, G.729ab, G.729b, AMR 8KHz, AMR-WB 16KHz, GSM 8KHz, iLBC 8 KHz, iSAC, OPUS 48KHz, OPUS 24KHz, OPUS 16KHz, OPUS 8KHz.

3 Comments
A_
Level 1
Level 1

Is this representative for this case? YouTube may recompress the audio stream if it's not supported. So you have an audio compression in already compressed audio...?

ferikci
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you are right it is a compression over compression. I compared my recordings with Youtube encoded video but my ears couldn't detect the difference. So I think it is a good example for seeing the major differences in sound.

Nice work - You Tube aside, its still interesting to see and hear the differences. Thanks for sharing.

Best

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links