Views
Helpful
Comments
azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

10th of May // updated with 41.1-41.5 release

Dear all,

Webex Meetings is continuously evolving in rapid speed !! 

Jan 2021 (41.1) -May 2021 (41.5)

Many nice features were added since beginning of the year. 

You can find below latest releases 41.3-41.4-41.5 :  

https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Channel-of-Webex-Meetings 

and info on 41.1 and 41.2 below: 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n15ck46/List-of-Features-for-Webex-Meetings-40-11-to-41-2 

IMPORTANT HIGHLIGHTS:

Important highlights in my view that are worth checking are listed below:

• Q&A is Now in Webex Meetings 
  • Real time translations 
  • New Webex Events - click here for mre
  • Zoom In and Zoom Out in Grid View
  • Sync my Stage for Everyone
  • Enhanced Experience for Webex Control Hub Analytics: faster load times, higher resolution, and real-time data.
  • Pre-meeting Lobby Experience for Scheduled Meetings
  • Virtual Camera support is now available for MAC (for e.g. mmhmm, virtualcam etc.)
  • Check out the enhancements in Webex Meetings for eDiscovery for Meetings Data, Data Loss Prevention and Archival and Managing Meeting Retention Policies 👮‍
  • Gesture Controls are here now - an innovate way for meeting participants to interact and express themselves non-verbally during a meeting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous additions in Dec 2020 (40.12) 

Please have a look in article below for some very nice features added in Dec (40.12) release:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Channel-of-Webex-Meetings

IMPORTANT HIGHLIGHTS:

• Improved Layout Control // meet new ''stage'', ''focus'', ''stack'' views 
  • Layout Options to Include Grid View in Third Party Streaming // very handy for ones streaming cases
  • Remove Background Noise from Meetings for Mobile users // 
  • Airplay and Apple TV Support 
  • Web App Support for In-Meeting Reactions // (webex app is ''webrtc'' or ''join via browser'' option
  • Improve Post-Meeting Share Functionality
  • Improved Microsoft 365 Add-in Feature Support // for ones that schedule webex via Microsoft O365 
  • Dual Camera Support for iOS and Android // show dual video (front and back camera) at the same time 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous additions in Oct, Nov 2020: 

IMPORTANT HIGHLIGHTS:

• Enhanced Mute Controls // host can control when participants can unmute themselves
  • Automatic Notification When Talking on Mute  // no more talking to yourself : - )     
  • Remove Background Noise from Meetings and Events // try this - is impressive! 
  • Animated In-Meeting Reactions
  • Breakout Sessions Enhancements
  • Host/Cost can lower a participant's hand
  • Many enhancements for video systems participants and mobile devices
  • Admin can enable or disable toll dial-in numbers per country 
  • Customer Owned Number for Webex Edge Audio
  • Hardware acceleration for video (Windows only) - reduces the load on the main system processor when possible

Previous additions in July,Aug,Sept 2020: 

IMPORTANT HIGHLIGHTS:

• Blur & Virtual backgrounds
  • Breakout sessions 
  • See the Participants' View of What You’re Sharing
  • In-meeting Co-host role 
  • Lobby for scheduled meetings
  • Enhanced admin control for authenticated meetings
  • PSTN callers can now wait in lobby 
  • Grid layout for cloud recordings
  • Prevent participants from sharing content without host permission
  • Music mode
  • Sort participants by ''raised hand''
  • and many others you will probably experience real-time (video and UI enhancements) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the 40.x and 41.x format?

40.x are 2020 releases. 41.x are 2021 releases. Number .x next to release means the month that this version is released.  So .8 means Aug, .9 means Sept, etc. But note that even if release is out, the actual date that each webex site will get new features has to do with rollout plans of Webex Datacenters. 

Webex Meetings service is offered by various clusters (Bi cluster, W cluster, etc.) and rollout plans depends on cluster.

So for example, cluster Bi will get 41.5 release at x date and cluster W could get 41.5 release on another date.

How can i find my cluster?

Admins could see this in their Webex Control Hub  - Check the ''Site Info'' of the Webex Meetings settings.

How can I find out the rollout plans for my cluster?

Webex announces here all service upgrades and scheduled maintenance

https://status.webex.com/maintenance?lang=en_US 

For example, you can see that cluster I and BI have schedule to enable breakout sessions and cohost role on 15th of Sept. 

Capture.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please rate the posts you find useful

you can follow this post if you like, in order to get updates

In case it helps, index of my collab-related community posts can be found here:  

Looking for info on Cisco Collab solutions ? 

rgds

Alkiviadis

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: this post was created in order to provide useful info to Cisco partners and customers in my area (Greece/Cyprus and Malta).  For official and updated information, please consult cisco documentation, datasheets and ordering guides.

Comments
strongbad2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, do we have any roadmap for when co-host will be added to Webex Events? It's probably an even more critical feature there!

Thanks!

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

unfortunately I do not have this information.  

If this is critical for specific project, your Cisco Collab team could check further and provide some feedback. 

Ideally in large events you would have presenters that focus on presentation/content/etc and then host could focus on administrating/''directing'' the event. Some panelist could help in some tasks (polling coordinator, Q&As, etc). 

But I guess you need this for cases that host has also the presenter role plus doing other ''admin'' tasks 

and I guess that passing host role to other panelist does not help your cases.  

rgds

Alkiviadis

strongbad2
Level 1
Level 1

Correct and for other reasons as well. Our events are very involved and can be helpful for two to be coordinating/cooperating with making others presenter and other host duties (Invite and Remind, etc). And most importantly would be the ability for the meeting to continue to run with a host still in control if the original host has a technical issue and drops. With a co-host I would assume we would not have to make use of the existing host key process as well.

Hoke Kristyanto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

co-host and breakout sessions are available in 40.9 according to the roadmap.

Regards

Hoke

strongbad2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Hoke,

Does the roadmap show those feature available specifically for Webex Events or only for Webex Meetings? The info I have seen says they are available for Meetings only at 40.9

Thanks very much!

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please people...  you can check the schedule for your cluster in the link above.

Your cluster will be upgraded at a particular date, and it looks like the Features are "enabled" about ONE week LATER.

For example... I am cluster AW.

We got our upgrade on September 8.

We got features enabled on September 15.

Check this section of OP's post.

How can I find out the rollout plans for my cluster?

azoupas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi all,

as far as I know the co-host and breakout sessions feature are added in WEBEX MEETINGS and not in EVENTS.

this is in accordance with the link I shared - breakout and cohost are mentioned as Webex MeetingS enhancements

Again if these features are critical for specific project, your Cisco Collab team could check further and provide some feedback. 

rgds

Alkiviadis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: