cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA Certified in July, still no job

funesjahir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I hope all is well. Long story short, as stated on the title of this post I still have no job. Currently I've been applying for IT Help Desk positions and not getting any bites, despite my numerous years of customer service experience and actively learning Python. It seems that all companies posting for IT Help Desk want more out of their technicians than just customer service and basic networking skills, such as an A+, Network+, or Security+ certification in addition other technologies. Is this correct? I also feel that I may have made a mistake in learning CCNA before A+, and I would like to know if this is accurate. 

Also, I would like to state that I currently work for AT&T as a premise technician and deal with copper and fiber, as well as LANs, on a daily basis. I do worry that because I'm spending most of my limited time on my days off applying for jobs and learning Python, that I am starting to forget CCNA topics. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you all for taking the time to read this post. 

1 Reply 1

jvanderstel
Level 1
Level 1

Stop applying for only helpdesk positions. Start playing with eve-ng / gns3 and build networks, try ospf, try building GRE tunnels.

Sell yourself as a junior network engineer if you are feeling confident, the companies will see that and the world will look alot brighter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links