cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change table settings --> "Invalid HTML" ??

Dirk-Jan Uittenbogaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can change the table background color for each individual cell, but when saving it tells me "Illegal HTML" ???

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.
This board requires at least one technology area for each message.

Now I can't edit existing content or all of my table formatting is gone

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dbrittin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dirk-Jan,

This restriction was specific to Cisco employees and centered around tighter information security.  I'll send a private message to explain.

While the reason for the restriction had merit, it had unintended consequences like what you encountered.  I've instructed my team to remove the restriction.

Please try your edits again.  Let me know if you need help to restore the table formatting.

Denise

View solution in original post

Howdy @RedNectar  - 

Our dev team has been working to address this issue and believes this has been corrected. Will you please try again and let me know if it works? If you still aren't able to, will you please get me the following:

- Browser
- OS
- Device (mobile or desktop)

I can pass that back to dev and they'll continue to investigate. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

I AM SO SICK OF THIS MESSAGE

The editor these days is CRAP - you can't use:

• <code></code> 
  • <kbd></kbd>
  • and almost every <span></span> option

And yet we USED to be able to write our answers with some style.

THIS HAS GOT TO BE FIXED

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your candid feedback, forum tips and your contributions to the community. 

We'll find out why those specific html tags are not allowed and get back to you.

Cheers,

Denise

Howdy @RedNectar  - 

Our dev team has been working to address this issue and believes this has been corrected. Will you please try again and let me know if it works? If you still aren't able to, will you please get me the following:

- Browser
- OS
- Device (mobile or desktop)

I can pass that back to dev and they'll continue to investigate. 

Thanks!

Hi @Tyler Langston ,

I'm Excited

Here's how my testing worked

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

@RedNectar 

Friday afternoon victories are somehow sweeter...Friday afternoon victories are somehow sweeter...

dbrittin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dirk-Jan,

This restriction was specific to Cisco employees and centered around tighter information security.  I'll send a private message to explain.

While the reason for the restriction had merit, it had unintended consequences like what you encountered.  I've instructed my team to remove the restriction.

Please try your edits again.  Let me know if you need help to restore the table formatting.

Denise

Thank you Denise,
It seems to be working fine now!
DJ

Quick Links