cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco certificates renewal with external Certifications

Xaviar Cordova
Level 1
Level 1

Hey so this probably be a dumb question, which should be ask at least once.

wanted to ask if  you guys in the past tried reaching out to see whether getting validated in other vender's Technology would contribute as Continued education (CE) credits to renews the ones you have with Cisco, even if they are outside the scope of CE program

My current CCNA would expire within Jan of 2024, which is still a bit away. However I  spent a long time acquiring RHCSA  as certain projects may be requiring Linux Skills in our Effort to transition away from VMware. This also would eventually Mean I'll be likely looking more into  CCNP datacenter. however with training in other IAAS platforms in addition to the regular workload, I don't think I would be able to handle that within a year to renew it

so I plan to reach out to Cisco Training support, ask if some accreditation from any current and future Certs is possible and then once we make a final decision focus on the HPE aspect of it.

TLDR: any of you got credits from outside Technology Certifications. if no, please let me know so I'm not going down a rabbit hole lol

1 Reply 1

ammahend
VIP
VIP

doubt that, a while ago, I tried to get credit for CWNE certification, its open standard Wireless certification, but it didn't work. but it would be a good idea for you to open a case with Cisco and verify.

https://certsupport.cisco.com/s/?language=en_US

-hope this helps-
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links