Views
Helpful
Replies

CSC appears to confuse me for Rick Burts

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amy et al,

I believe a curious thing just happened: CSC appears to think that I am Rick Burts :) Not that I was not flattered beyond words, I guess EVERYONE who knows Rick wants to be at least a little like him!

Back to the technical side of the issue, though: Consider the following thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12542701/static-vs-gre-tunneling

In this thread, I am unable to rate Rick's response - hovering my mouse over the rating stars produces no effect, nor does clicking on the stars cause a rating to be submitted. On the contrary, I appear to be able to rate my own response in that thread (haven't of course done that, though). I even see the "Endorse Answer" button in my own post - something I should not be seeing at all - and I do not see this endorsement button on Rick's response. In other words, as far as ratings and endorsements go, it appears as if the CSC backend confused me for Rick.

I have tried the obligatory cache purge, log out / login cycle, even a different browser with an empty cache - no change at all.

Can you have a look into this issue please? Also, it is crucial to investigate whether the ratings belonging to Rick didn't land on my account.

Best regards,
Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peter,

We have applied a fix for the caching issues on the site this evening. If you still encounter this issue from then onward, please let us know.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

amchang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

I'd suggest we hold off for now in the investigation as we are fixing some important caching issues across the site that may likely address this problem. Those changes will go out on Tues, June 30th.

Thank you.

Hi Peter,

We have applied a fix for the caching issues on the site this evening. If you still encounter this issue from then onward, please let us know.

Thank you.

Amy,

Thank you for letting me know. As of now, the issue appears to be resolved. I will let you know if the problem repeats itself.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Peter

Quick Links