cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having to wait one hour to repost is RIDICULOUS

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

I just tried to post a message on the forum. I had cut and pasted some content from some other stuff I'd written, and this caused an error when I went to post, and I got a message along the lines of "invalid html detected and removed. Please check you post and try again.

But when I dutifully "Checked the post and tried again" I got what I consider an offensive message:

image.png

WHY AM I FORCED TO WAIT AN HOUR BECAUSE SOME INVALID CHARACTER WAS DETECTED IN MY POST?

This is absolutely ridiculous.  The hour I had spent on preparing a comprehensive answer HAS BEEN WASTED.

THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO USE THE FORUM.

I am bitterly disappointed that you should not allow me to repost because of a simple error - and meanwhile, the person waiting for the answer will not get it (because I'm not going to be BOTHERED to come back and re-post)

NOT HAPPY

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
3 Replies 3

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Hello @RedNectar , Can you kindly provide the link of the content you were trying to post?

Thank you

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Monica Lluis ,

The link to the content is largely irrelevant. You don't have to try very hard to generate invalid html when posting here - sometimes copying and pasting from another Cisco community post is enough!

But until this latest change (PLEASE go back to where we had macros and remove that distracting "Drag & Drop here" feature that encourages people to add attachments instead of pasting inline) when the "invalid html" message came up, you just had to click Reply again, and your content was posted.

NOW, you are asked to wait an hour, simply because you didn't go through the arduous task of cleaning your html content before posting - which used to be done for you.

And that really sucks.

To reproduce the error, reply to this message, cut and paste some content from another website (you have my permission to cut and paste anything from rednectar.net to try - but if you want the specific content, copy and paste the three paragraphs from "This one is a bit tricky..." onwards from https://rednectar.net/2019/05/26/hxbestpractices/) and then post.

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

@Monica Lluis 

Do you know if any progress has been made on this issue?

Quick Links