Views
Helpful
Replies

Jump URL to CSC having intermittent issues

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amy and all,

Recently, the jump URL http://cisco.com/go/netpro started experiencing intermittent issues. Instead of redirecting to https://supportforums.cisco.com, a "Service Unavailable" page is shown. The text on the page also suggests that there is a problem with the DNS service (something along the lines of "DNS unavailable").

I am sure that administrators of the webserver at cisco.com have more detailed logs of what happened. As I mentioned, this problem appears randomly so it is a chance game to reproduce it.

May I ask you to investigate this issue?

Best regards,
Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peter,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I'm thinking since the timing is very close, this may be related to the DNS networking issues we had earlier in the week which has been resolved. I'd suggest if you aren't having the issue anymore, we probably don't pursue this further.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As webserver administrator (not the Cisco's one) I suspect the administrator may not be able to identify issue from their logs. It may be problem with DNS server instead of HTTP one.

The screenshot of error page may help. Also the IP you used during the incident and approximate time will be considered valuable.. 

Thank you Dan. This additional information would be helpful. In meantime, Peter we will file an internal case with our Cisco networking team to look into this further.

Hi Peter,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I'm thinking since the timing is very close, this may be related to the DNS networking issues we had earlier in the week which has been resolved. I'd suggest if you aren't having the issue anymore, we probably don't pursue this further.

Thanks!

Amy,

It indeed seems to have coincided with the DNS issues because the errors also mentioned troubles with DNS service. I have not experienced the issues since so let's consider this concluded.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Peter

Thank you Peter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links