cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rating posts

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yesterday, and today, on two different PCs.  Noticed I can not rate some posts, and it appears I can rate my own posts.  (For last, I write "appears" because I have actually click on stars for my own posts, but they are shown when I hover over them.)

Issue might be related that system is confusing my posts with other users posts, for rating purposes.

11 Replies 11

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Joe

I had exactly the same thing a few days back where within a thread I could only rate my own posts but no one else's.

I didn't click on them either.

Perhaps we are just too honest :)

Jon

Can you provide me a URL to a discussion that you can not rate others posts?

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick

Can't speak for Joe but it was a temporary thing for me.

I went into and back out of the post a couple of times and then it sorted itself out.

Don't remember doing anything special but I can link to the thread that caused the issue if that will help ?

Jon

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12757216/gre-tunnel-dynamic-ip-when-tunnel-destination

I cannot rate either of Philip's posts, it it appears I can rate Manuel's or my post.

When you hover over Phillip's post, do the starts highlight on mouse over?

Are you getting an error when you click on a star?

Thanks for describing the issue in more detail for me.

Rick

No highlighted stars when I mouse over Philip's posts.

Thanks Joe.

Looking into it.

Rick

Rick

Don't know whether you are still looking into this but I have a thread where I can VIP endorse my own answers -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12912376/please-help-asa-firewall-etherchannel

not an issue for me but just in case it helps.

Jon

Jon,

Is it only that thread or can you endorse any of your answers? That sounds like a permission issue if the latter?

Rick

Rick

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

It was just that thread but it seems to have sorted itself out now (or you did something).

Jon

I suspect it had to do with many of the changes we have been making lately to make the platform better and to fight spam.

I did nothing specifically to address this issue.

Let me know if you see anything else.

Thx,

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links