Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How_to_create_a_Cisco_CCO_ID-CCO_Account.png

Comments
Jan Vitek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

what can I do to prevent loss of my history on Cisco Community, Cisco U and others when changing employer? I'm supposed to create a new account, but there's a lot of information tied to my current account and I'd prefer not to lose it.

Thanks for any hint, 

Jan Vitek

Priscila Guidotti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Jan Vitek 

To prevent losing your history on Cisco Community, Cisco U, and other Cisco platforms when changing employers, you can follow these steps:
1. Use a Personal Email: Whenever possible, use a personal email address to register for accounts on Cisco Community, Cisco U, and other platforms. This ensures your account is not tied to your employer's email, making it easier to retain access.
2. Update Your Email Address: If you initially registered with your work email, update your account information to a personal email address before leaving your current job. Most platforms have an option to change your email address in the account settings.
3. Backup Important Data: Export or save any important contributions, certifications, or data from your profiles. For instance, take screenshots of your activity, download any certificates or important documents, and keep a record of your achievements.
4. Notify Platform Support: Contact the support teams of the respective platforms (Cisco Community, Cisco U, etc.) and inform them of your situation. They can provide guidance on how to transfer or maintain your account.
5. Linked Accounts: If you've linked your Cisco account to other services (like LinkedIn), make sure these connections are updated with your personal information where possible.

Following these steps will help ensure that your history and achievements on Cisco platforms remain accessible to you, regardless of changes in your employment status.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links