Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't rate posts today

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello all,

It seems that I cannot rate any posts today. I have tried to rate while logged in to CSC

in IP Telephony, Wireless, Cisco Social and am not offered the 5 star option located

in the bottom left of each answer. I have tried using Firefox and IE . I have also noticed

that the emoticons are'nt working

Cheers!

Rob

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tom Yoritaka
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

Will investigate this & circle back w/ you.

Pls keep trying & let us know if it changes.

Tom Yoritaka, Director, Cisco Support Community

View solution in original post

I tried rating one of your posts as a "Guest" user antognius (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3394014#3394014) and it seems to work.  That user should be unprivileged. 

I DID see that the stars are close to invisible, and I did have to hoover over them to actually see them, which brought up another line of questioning.  How exactly are you not able to rate?  Do the rating stars not appear?  Do they appear, but do notthing when you click on them?  Or is there some error you get when you try to rate a reply?

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tom Yoritaka
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

Will investigate this & circle back w/ you.

Pls keep trying & let us know if it changes.

Tom Yoritaka, Director, Cisco Support Community

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tom,

Thanks for looking into this my friend!

No change so far.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Since you're an old hand at this, I am assuming all the "usual" issues have been eliminated - you're logged in, this is a public community hat holds the discussions you are trying to rate, etc.

Are there specific communities that seem to be affected or is it discussions in any community that you cannot rate?  Is it even narrowed down to specific discussions?  Do you have any idea when the behavior started?  Was it after our maintenance on Thursday night?

It seems like there may have been a code regression, so I am going to have to investigate with the developers to make sure nothing slipped in (slipped out of?) the release.

Thanks,

Anton

I tried rating one of your posts as a "Guest" user antognius (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3394014#3394014) and it seems to work.  That user should be unprivileged. 

I DID see that the stars are close to invisible, and I did have to hoover over them to actually see them, which brought up another line of questioning.  How exactly are you not able to rate?  Do the rating stars not appear?  Do they appear, but do notthing when you click on them?  Or is there some error you get when you try to rate a reply?

Hi Anton,

You are most correct!

I was able to rate your last reply and Toms by hovering over the area

where the 5 stars should reside. In my case the stars are

completely invisible...and yes, I do have my glasses on...hahahaha!

Cheers!

Rob

It looks like you have uncovered a legitimate issue then.  Unfortunately, it's going to take some work to figure out.

The stars are showing fine on our test system (see screenshot), but somehow not in Prod, which is running the same code.  That means there was something missed in our deploy to Prod, or there is an environmental difference between the two environments.

We'll be working on it until we can get a proper fix into Production.

Thanks for letting us know!

Anton

Same here.  The "icons" (for lack of the better word) are missing for rating, posting, and editing.  Issue started yesterday.  I was about to blame my browser until I saw this thread.

I'm using Opera 11.15.

OMG!  I did not notice that THOSE icons are gone too!  They should resemble the following:

I am going to put in a case with Jive and see if we can't address this today!   And the timinng helps - it sounds like this started Friday, not Thursday.

anogno
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like this issue is resolved...

Thank you for your patience!

Ok.  Thanks.  I can see `em now. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks Anton & Tom,

This quick action to resolve this issue is much appreciated

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links