Level 1

I have got a community message today:

From: 	Cisco Community <ciscocommunity-donotreply@cisco.com>
Hello ${notification.message.discussion.topicMessage.author.login},

Your topic recently received a reply .

Topic: ${notification.message.discussion.topicMessage.subject} 
Date: ${notification.threadFormattedDate}

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Nice code, but obviously a bug. Maybe I should be nice, and tell them that they have a bug?

So what should I do? Reply of course.

But wait, the sender is "donotreply". If I do I will probably get another annoying message.

So who sent it? Isn't sending anonymously rude?

There is no hint where to report bugs.

Let's go to community page. There is a "community feedback" link. Shall I use it?

Last time I used such a "feedback" link on Cisco doc page I have described the problem in detail and after pushing "Submit" I got an HTTP error message. Time waste.

Why am I doing this? It is not my job. Such a big company like Cisco should take care of their pages.

Maybe I should ignore my buggy message and mark it as SPAM? This would save my time.

Let's do it. I will be happy. They will be happy as well because their services are perfect - nobody is reporting bugs. Are they not?

Michał

PS. It is not easy to do the post. You have to specify labels, otherwise your message is discarded.

PS2. Second try -authentication failure. You really have to be patient with Cisco.

1 Reply 1

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your input. The Cisco Community development team is actively working on this issue. For now you can ignore these messages. We apologize for the inconvenience. For the time being you should not be getting more of these emails.

Kindest Regards,

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead
Quick Links