Views
Helpful
Replies

Emoji skin color

groth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

It was brought to my attention by one of my colleagues that for the available default emojis on Webex there are no default skin colors available (it defaults to a lighter skin tone). I'm concerned that this is a microaggression- e.g. if your skin color is anything other than the default then it is other/different. I believe there are plugins to add additional skin colors, but it's an extra step to do and not a default. 

A solution would be to make all skin colors available by default. 

Can we make this happen?

Thank you, 

Claire

1 Reply 1

pmckenzie
Level 3
Level 3

Hey there Claire

have you seen this site

"

Emoji characters can be modified to use one of five different skin tone modifiers. Each tone is based on the Fitzpatrick Scale.

An Emoji Modifier Sequence is created automatically when a modifier character is inserted after a supported base emoji character, resulting in a single emoji with skin tone.

Many emojis with skin tones are Emoji ZWJ Sequences, due to the presence of additional characters for gender, multiple people, or a combination of people and objects.

"

https://emojipedia.org/emoji-modifier-sequence/

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" Dr Who
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links