Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feedback on the New NetPro?

All,

Consider this an open discussion about the new site.  Dan and I, and the rest of the team will be following this thread.   Tell us about things you like or don't like, and things you'd like to see.  We look forward to your feedback!

Tim Albright

Manager, Cisco Support Community

165 Replies 165

jon.marshall wrote:

Tim

Think Rick's just missing a round 1000 points from his score.

No idea on the questions answered.

Jon,

Just want to let you know our current hypothesis: if you look at the topics in Networking Infrastructure (or the others for that matter) you'll see the "other" category.  We migrated archived threads into this new section.  So, the total points for Networking Infrastructure should match up closely, but, the category they reside in beneath Networking Infrastructure may have been altered.  Rick's total, overall, all time points are slightly different from before but nowhere near 1000 points.  We'll keep checking and I'll let you know.  We're "fairly" confident at this point, but Dan bet me dinner at a nice restaurant that this is the issue, so we'll keep you posted as the research goes on.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim

Reckon Dan's right about that

One final question tonight. I've just added a doc to Network Infrastructure, more just to see how it all works. Can you remove docs you yourself have published or are they there for all time

jon.marshall wrote:

Tim

Reckon Dan's right about that

One final question tonight. I've just added a doc to Network Infrastructure, more just to see how it all works. Can you remove docs you yourself have published or are they there for all time

Jon,

You should be able to delete as the author.  Dan deleted your document, but feel free to test it again.  We all tested this and the delete worked for us each time.  If you still have an issue with this, let us know and we'll show and tell.

Cheers,

Tim

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dan / Tim

Couple of other quick questions -

1) Under Network Infrastructure what is "Other network infrastructure subjects" meant to contain ??

2) The search function. If i enter "native vlan" i get all references back mainly from Lan Switching/Routing. Is there a way within search function to just say are there any "documents" on native vlan rather than questions asked within NetPro ?

jon.marshall wrote:

Dan / Tim

Couple of other quick questions -

1) Under Network Infrastructure what is "Other network infrastructure subjects" meant to contain ??

2) The search function. If i enter "native vlan" i get all references back mainly from Lan Switching/Routing. Is there a way within search function to just say are there any "documents" on native vlan rather than questions asked within NetPro ?

Hi Jon,

1)  Consider this a General topic.  We have added them to all of the forums.

2)  Yes, once you pull up the search results there is a blue bar across the top of the screen.  In that bar you can filter by the type of content you'd like to display.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

David McDaniel
Level 1
Level 1

Congratulations on the new site! When will the old NetPro be going away?

davmcdan wrote:

Congratulations on the new site! When will the old NetPro be going away?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the note.  The previous NetPro now redirects to this site.  We are fully live now.

Cheers,

Tim Albright

Good to hear from you David. How are things?

Farid

Steven Ochmanski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nice Job on new NetPro in supportWiki,

Loving the "personalized-customizable" formatting options. (great stuff).

Also digging how you ported old NetPro Posts- while preserving the date stamps and user (I just found one of my old post in old NetPro from this summer).

One minor thing silly thing - you need to add the word "NetPro" in the spell checker...

Steve O

Hi Steve,

Good suggestion.  We've added NetPro to the spell checker.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Easier on the eyes.

Well done!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks nice!  I like it!

By the way ... how come I lost all of my "points"?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, the new input box is certainly nicer. The older one was positively 20cen.

I am dismayed to see the "leaderboard" for sub-communities (i.e, Network Management withn Network Infrastructure) seems to be gone. I was looking forward to moving into #3 spots in a couple but now appear to need to contribute enough to meet the much higher bar of community-wide (i.e, all of Network Infrastructure) Say it ain't so!

Overall the design looks much fresher but it's gonna take some getting use to.

The individual leaderboards are there but you won't see them in the overview tab. Go to the sub-forum and click on discussions tab and you will see the leaderboard for the individual forum.

Jon

OK, I see the subfoeum leaderboards now. Thanks, Jon.

However - Dan et al. - I appear to have been taxed about 100 points on my primary watering hole - Network Management (under Network Infrastructure). Any help guys?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links