Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feedback on the New NetPro?

All,

Consider this an open discussion about the new site.  Dan and I, and the rest of the team will be following this thread.   Tell us about things you like or don't like, and things you'd like to see.  We look forward to your feedback!

Tim Albright

Manager, Cisco Support Community

165 Replies 165

Hi Reza,

Excellent point.  We'll add the star levels to the ratings help document.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Adam,

I will investigate why you lost points in the migration.  Any chance we migrated an old CCO account of yours in the past?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Not that I know of Dan.

I got my first 5 points on the new site today so I guess I'll stick around for a while.

Oh, one other thing I noticed, not sure if it's been mentioned but the netpro interview icons are half hidden by the avatars.

Oh, and I'm a bronze star here but if I go to top netpros in the left column I am green and in the right column I am gray.

Hi Adam,

Didn't we tell you the new platform has games integrated in it?  The game of the week is stars musical chairs   We still don't have a fix but I can assure you we are working on it.

Now that you've changed your avatar I hope you're sticking around for a bit.  Between you, Rob, and Collin I feel like this has become a hockey community

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Our stars sometimes look like past ones we had (good old NetPro will always live in our hearts), and other times they look like stars we haven't earned yet (new site can make this happen), so I thought this would be the "time machine" feature, but I chose to wait eagerly for your explanation on this one!

Kind Regards,

Maria

Hi Dan and Tim,

I know you guys are very busy fixing the bugs and don't mean to bug you about little things I see while on Netpro, but just to let you know so you can put them in your list of bug fixes for the feature.

1-I get logged out after about on hour of no activity (with the old Netpro I logged in once and that was good for the whole day)

2-When I go from one forum to another (example, from WAN Switching and Routing to LAN, Switching and Routing) I get the security warning that says:

This page contain secure and none secure items

do you want to display the nonesecure item?

3-With the old Netpro, when you logged in once, after that every time you want to login again,it would remember your user name and you just typed in the first letter and it would show the rest of your user name.

If any of them should get fixed, I like to see that being item number 1 of this list

Cheers,

Reza

Hi Reza,

All valid requests.  I will add them to our list of site improvements.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Adam,

I forgot to mention in my last post that I've asked IT to see why the pen and paper icon is displaying under your avatar.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Tim/Dan-

Sorry if this redundant as I dropped of this list but I am experiencing a consistent issue. When I insert an image into a post (via the camera icon) and then post, I get the following error (see screenshot). The post goes through OK, I just get the error.

untitled.GIF

Hi Collin,

Just trying it my self.  Seems to work so far, but let's check the posted result.

Tim

dan bruhn.jpg

This picture was taken pre-migration.  I can assure everyone I now have less hair.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Collin,

I tried to post Dan's picture and I didn't even get the post to go through.  We will submit a bug.  Thanks for catching this.

Tim

Hey Collin,

Note that the picture of Dan (his directory photo in B&W) did actually post although it didn't seem to work for me when I tested your issue on Sunday.  Can you check yours to see if the image ultimately worked or if there is still an error?

Tim

Hello Tim,

sorry if this note has been already done:

I've noticed that in new forums rating system we can get some posts flagged as solving answers but with no vote associated to it.

this can be seen clearly in mounthly leaderboard in the case of Jon Marshall.

Am I wrong to remember that in old forum rating system this was not possible, that is a vote was associated to an answer flagged as solving issue?

Best Regards

Giuseppe

giuslar wrote:

Hello Tim,

sorry if this note has been already done:

I've noticed that in new forums rating system we can get some posts flagged as solving answers but with no vote associated to it.

this can be seen clearly in mounthly leaderboard in the case of Jon Marshall.

Am I wrong to remember that in old forum rating system this was not possible, that is a vote was associated to an answer flagged as solving issue?

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Giuseppe / Tim

I have no idea what is happening on the monthly leaderboard regarding "Answered Questions". The figure seems to be completely random with no relation to what is actually happening

I "think" the overall board is accurately reflecting "Answered Questions" but i haven't exactly been keeping track.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links