cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CSC version and searching by forum

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Currently, it's impossible to limit CSC searches to a particular forum, because the "advanced" field "group or community" does everything but what one would expect.

Will the new version address this issue ?

Or if it's me unable to search by forum, please tell me how to do it ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paolo,

My apologies, I missed your response with the screen shot.  When you are doing an advanced search it looks like you are choosing the LAN Community in Japan.  There should also be a choice in the dropdown for the English LAN Community.  I've attached a screenshot for what I am seeing.  Please let me know if it's still an issue for you.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Paolo,

You should be able to do a search within a particular community on our current platform.  Start off by doing a search and when the results come up click on the "more options" icon right beneath the search box.  It will allow you to search by "community" or "user".  I just tested it and it worked for me.  Let me know if you're still having issues.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

I tried what you say, wanting to restrict results for "3750" to "lan, switching and routing" - typed as that in "more options".

It presented me all the results from the Japanese community

Hi Paolo,

I now see your point.  Our local language communities are on the same platform.  Let me do some digging around and see what I can find out.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan

new version, same problem.

You think it's fixable ?

Hi Paolo,

I sent an email to our Development team.  I'll let you know when I hear back.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Paolo,

I just tested the word "3750" in advanced search using the "LAN" community and it no longer shows up results from the Japanese site.  Can you please try again and let me know if it's still an issue for you?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hey Dan,

I just read your last two posts and compared the timeline.  The "issue" was identified and fixed in 10 minutes???? 

Amazing.

Hi Dan, thank you for looking into this.

I've tried and got the same result as before:

Hi Paolo,

My apologies, I missed your response with the screen shot.  When you are doing an advanced search it looks like you are choosing the LAN Community in Japan.  There should also be a choice in the dropdown for the English LAN Community.  I've attached a screenshot for what I am seeing.  Please let me know if it's still an issue for you.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Quick Links