Views
Helpful
Replies

Rating post not possible after responding to it

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear friends,

It seems that the ratings still have a small glitch. Immediately after I post a response to a thread using the simplified editor, I cannot rate any posts in the page until I reload it. The stars for ratings are displayed, however, hovering over them does not produce the usual pop-up/callout with the verbal description of the grade, and clicking on any star makes the browser to simply jump to the top of the displayed page. I have confirmed this behavior both in Firefox and MSIE.

This problem does not appear if I start responding and afterwards, I cancel my post before posting it. Only immediately, after successfully posting a new response to a thread, the ratings cannot be entered until the page is reloaded. The issue does not appear to be limited to a particular forum.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Thank you!

Best regards,

Peter

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

Yes, I'm seeing the exact same behavior my friend

So now I go with the "Rate first-respond later" plan ..... hahahaha!

Cheers!

Rob

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Peter,

Thanks for passing this along.  Our development team is looking into it.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Peter

I am testing the ability to rate your post after replying (using FF 5.0)

Confirmed in FF - now testing IE 8.

anogno
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IE8 worked coirrectly, but only because another issue with the IE8 browser and replying caused a refresh.

I will file a bug and see if we can't have this ironed out.

testing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links