cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Share your expertise --- and get to know your fellow community members (Win an iPad)

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Cisco Support Community is a place for network technology professionals worldwide.  You post questions, answer those from your fellow community members or read our latest community blog posts.  It’s truly a community.

Why not share a little more about yourself on your profile with the community?   Others would be interested to know what you do at work, what certifications you’ve attained & what domain expertise you bring to the community.  Why not also post a photo of yourself?  As a registered  member of our community, you have full control over your profile page.  Why not take advantage of it?

Cisco Support Community has a new campaign to give you a little nudge.  If you  update your Biography and Expertise fields in your CSC profile before February 17th  2011, your name will be entered into a contest, and you could win one of two Apple iPads.*  (Limit one prize per household.)  We will also be featuring our community’s most creative profiles!

So, update your community profile today!

To participate in the contest, login to CSC, click on “Account” - profile - "Actions" widget - edit profile.

* For complete contest rules

Good luck!

Cisco Support Community

Cheers, Dan
71 Replies 71

I just realized I hadn't updated my expertise....now I have.  Whew!  Ok now, where's that iPad?   ;-)

rexfranklin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

I would love to win a iPad my seven year old son wants an iPad for his birthday.

Thanks,

Rex

Christian Isla
Level 1
Level 1

updated.... i sure can use that iPad. :-)

wterrero
Level 1
Level 1

Waiting for Result.

compuplanet
Level 1
Level 1

Why do you send us an email to participate in the contest if you only have it valid for US Residents? Just to waste our time? I spent so much time updating the profile with Biography and Expertise.  For sure this makes us feel very positive about Cisco! You show zerorespect for other's peoples valuable time!

zuobin365
Level 1
Level 1

nice

frank.yong.zhao
Level 1
Level 1

Cool, I had already updated!

Yong Zhao

DDirektor
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings from the Croatia ...

Why do you send it any way to all users . Send it only to USA residents

pieterh
VIP
VIP

"individuals age 18 or older who are legal residents of the fifty United States, D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec)"

updated some profile items anyway.

Good luck to the "legal residents"

anitagaur
Level 1
Level 1

If the contest is not open to people in other countries, why do you send emails???

Roelof
Level 1
Level 1

this is a great contest!! i realy like cisco now!

So if i fill in my personal details i would make a 0,001% change in winning an ipad but the change that Cisco can use the information for wathever they want is 100%.

I think it is a great strategy to sell products and then put all support for the product (even configuration manuals ) behind a login.

I would of course sell my personal infomertaion for an Ipad 32G 3G, just send me the thing and i will update my profile.

eamonconnolly
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated my profile, I have read down through people comments and can't belief that the competition is not open to everyone, this email seems to have been sent around the world and people then have logged on and updated there details only to find out that the majority are not eligable.  This is the stupidest thing, all as cisco have seem to do is annoy loads of people that abvoiusly are cisco users and customers.

I think DAN you should really let the managers know they should show a bit more sense when dealing with the people that are the core of Cisco's business.  Send the email only to people who are eligable(america and parts of canada), it can't be that difficult.

People.....relax! There is no way to know who is a resident of the US or Canada from people's emails and that infromation may not be avaiable to whoever emailed the contest rule....so relax.

Also don't blame Cisco, they do not make your contries rules reguarding contests or weather they can ship an ipad to someone in your country. If you are upset don't blame Cisco, contact someone in your govenment and complain and maybe they would change things.

Good luck to everyone who enters, and I am sorry to those who can't....but keep posting, your knowledge is very helpful.

Mike

If I can order it from USA they can send it to me.... OK

So problem is not in my couuntry....

Please tell me now where is problem ???????????????????????????????????

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

All,

I apologize for not being able to include all members in this contest.  After all, it’s a global community so it’s only appropriate to allow all members to participate.  At the time of this contest we had to work with the guidelines provided to us by our legal department.  That said, we have been working with them and for contests going forward we should be able to include most countries around the world.

Regards,

Dan Bruhn

Cheers, Dan
Quick Links