cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Something has changed in Leaderbords...

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Now they show that the average rating for a person can be above 5 ?1?

And the "correct answer" counts are gone,

Not great improvements should I say

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Seems like the forum designers got a little ahead of themselves while stuffing in new features.

Also there is to say that the name "votes" to express "I have the same problem" is quite misleading.

View solution in original post

It's a known bug.  They are working on it. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There was originally something wrong with the Leaderboards when they didnt upgrade at all after the month changed. That was corrected but after that I was still seeing alot of people above 5.0 average.

Though this can naturally be possible because of the other addition to the forums

For example if someone posts a dicussions and another person votes using the "I have this problem too" button and someone answers the discussions correctly and that post is acknowledged by the discussion starter as the correct answer (or I guess endorsement for Cisco or Cisco Designated VIP will also do) then the person that provided the answer will get a single 10 point rating (or even more with multiple votes, which I havent seen happen on the Security section to this day) So that might bring the average of a user up beyond 5.0.

Though I have to say that there is still a lot of people with that past 5.0 average which makes me wonder that something might be wrong as Paolo has said. I cant remember if I have answered a "voted" discussion this month but dont think I should still have 5.1.

With regards to the Correct Answer section there was another discussion where I commented about that too and Dan gave an answer

Heres a link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2198352?tstart=0

- Jouni

Seems like the forum designers got a little ahead of themselves while stuffing in new features.

Also there is to say that the name "votes" to express "I have the same problem" is quite misleading.

It's a known bug.  They are working on it. 

Very nice observations

+5p for you as deserved

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links