cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10.6 Finesse licensing error

STEVE DICKEY
Level 4
Level 4

I had a functional finesse environment and after installing licensing realized that I could not longer get into finesse. 

After noticing that the service was not running and not activated I attempted to activate.  Then go this error:

admin:utils uccx finesse activate
Activation FAILED. The deployed license does not include this feature.
Please contact Cisco Technical Support.

I was not aware that finesse was a licensed feature and though you could use CAD or Finesse without concern for licensing.

Anyone know how to get around this?

scd
4 Replies 4

azahran2013
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Steve,

do you found solution for that, as we have permanent licenses and  i just activate the finesse on uccx 10.6 and now it give me license alert?

thanks in advance.

when you update the appropriate licenses on a UCCX deployment.

Run the utils uccx finesse activate command on CLI to activate Cisco Finesse Service on each Unified CCXnode in a cluster( run on all Nodes) and Reboot the System for the changes to take effect.

Thanks ,

S. Ram 

Regards,
Ram.S

Thanks Ram for the reply,

My issue solved, i have opened a case with licensing team about it, the UCCX license Mac address changed and we need to rehost the license again.

Thanks...

Hi all,

Is this a normal behavior to have to reactivate finesse each time you rehost ?

I mean I had to rehost my uccx licenses just because I changed the NTP server and then Finesse stops working.

I Think I have been lucky to Think about trying to reactivate finesse because it is just incredible to have to do that just for a license rehost. I mean normally, license rehost can even be done during working hours because it is supposed to have no impact.

In addition, just Finesse is impacted, CAD is not, so it is a non sense.

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: