Views
Helpful
Replies

10166 this phone is resctricted

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a login issue with one of the agents of a UCCE system using CTIOS 8.0(1).

When this agent tries to login he gets the error 10166 - This phone is restricted.

I have tried the below scenarios and I was always getting the same error on login:

- login with his LoginName on another PC (another CTIOS installation) while using his extension

- login with his LoginName on another PC (another CTIOS installation) while using another agent extension

- delete and recreate the agent on ICM configuration manager

- delete and recreate the phone profile on Call Manager

I have also tried to dissaciate my test IP phone from the ICM JTAPI user on Call Manager and then tried 2 scenarios:

- login with his LoginName and Password using my test extension (error 10166 this phone is restricted)

- login with my test LoginName and Password using my test extension (error 12005 login could not be performed - possible causes are invalid instrument; media termination problem or other CM issue)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Justine.

10 Replies 10

shirpati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justine,

check,

- "Allow Control of device from CTI" is checked on the Phone and the extension.

-  Add the "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf" role to the Pguser and check if it makes any difference.

pg 39

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_0_1/installation/guide/ipcc80iugcfg.pdf

Happy New Year,

Shirish

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is phone associated with pguser?

Is busy trigger set to 1?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I have checked the above.

- "Allow Control of device from CTI" is already checked on the Phone and the extension.

- "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf" role to the Pguser is already added

- All Contact Center phones are already associated with pguser

- All Contact Center phones have busy trigger set to 2 (agent are allowed to have a transfered call while hadling an incoming call)

Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot,

Justine.

- All Contact Center phones have busy trigger set to 2

This is not supported, only busy trigger of 1 is supported with UCCE, try changing it to 1 and test.

Do you by any chance have multiline feature turned on?

Chris

Hello Justine,

If one of the suggestion actually worked, please let us know what you did to help out the next person who reads this.

Thanks A lot,

Ahmed Salah

If my memory serves me, the extension was assigned first to an IP phone. This IP phone then got defected and was replaced with another IP phone. I was experiencing the issues on the replaced phone (new one). I am not sure what was the mess on the Call Manager (customer's network team handled this task), probably the extension existed twice.

Hope this helps,

Justine.

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Justine,

If I understand correctly, the agent is facing the problem wherever he logs in. But the others are able to login using the same extension.

If the agent has a domain account and he logs in to the CTIOS toolkit after login using the domain account, can you please recreate the domain account and check out the possibility. Also, can you please post the JTAPI and CTIOS logs during the error occurance

Thanks,

Dass

robluo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Had a similar issue with same error message. Turned out to be the end user account did not have "Allow Control of Device from CTI" option checked, and the solution itself uses EM and associating PGUser with UDP. This option was somehow lost during export and import.

Resolved after check on this option under end user - EM section.

Robin

Hi Robin,

We were facing the same issue 5 days ago , and i applied the same solution and customer confirmed working fine .

Actually the strange thing is that the customer said that this problem happened after he changed the EM PIN for some users ( affected ones ) , i suspected that to have any relation with the Check Box to be unchecked Automatically , but it wasn't the case ... we have no idea what happened to make that box Unchecked .

Thanks A lot ,

Ahmed Salah

I've had the same problem, your solution worked. Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: