cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3.5(2) to 4.0(3) Upgrade to new hardware

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

I just received the 4.0(3) upgrade CDs from Cisco. I received only 3 CDs in the kit. Is it possible to take those 3 CDs and do a new hardware install and upgrade from 3.5(2) to 4.0(3). The documentation indicates that I can perform this type of new hardware upgrade. I was just a little concerned that I only had 3 CDs as opposed to the 7 CDs that came with 3.5(2). Also is there a way to request the current IPT OS 2000.4.1 or 2000.4.2. All I have are the 2000.2.4 CDs that were shipped with CRS 3.5(2). I suppose I can use what I have and upgrade to 2000.2.7 and then 2000.4.2.

Joe

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Joe,

Its surprising you got 2000.2.4 cd's with CRS 3.5.(2). I am in the middle of a CRS impl., and the version is 3.5(2) and the OS discs are 2000.2.7. You can download an upgrade file to upgrade from 2000.4.x from CCO.

I just got the disks for 4.0(3) and it has only 3 disks. Remember IPCC install requires only disk 1 and disk 2, unless you install multiple language, the other disks are not needed.

Check this guide for your upgrade from 3.x to 4.x. I am currently reading through it to understand the upgrade procedure, which seems fairly long.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6488/c1097/ccmigration_09186a00805b6aaa.pdf

Now, you do have a step where it asks for CRS 4.x license. I dont see a PAK number with this SASU kit, so I believe i have to use the old PAk from 3.x and contact licensing @cisco.com to get the new license.

I will keep you posted how this goes!

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate replies

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

There has been a New Product Hold on all upgrades of IPCC Express 3.X to 4.0(X).

VTG News - CCBU Announcement

Upgrades from any CRS 3.x to CRS 4.0(1), 4.0(2), and 4.0(3)

February 8, 2006

http://wwwin-

dev.cisco.com/voice/news/ccbu020806.shtml

Pralex,

I see that there is a hold on this, but the link you specified is an internal cisco link. Can you paste the contents ?

Thanks

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Cisco Field Alert

Effective Date: February 3, 2006

Affected Products: Cisco IPCC Express and IP IVR

Affected Releases: Upgrades from any CRS 3.x to CRS 4.0(1), 4.0(2), and 4.0(3)

Issue: While most customers have successfully upgraded to CRS 4.0(x), issues have been found in some upgrades from IPCC Express or IP IVR 3.x to IPCC Express or IP IVR 4.0(x). This issue does NOT affect new installations for 4.0 or add-ons to existing 4.0 installations.

Impact to orders in progress: Effective immediately NEW PRODUCT HOLD is being placed on all upgrade product IDs, both for purchase and via SASU, for the affected products. This issue does NOT affect new installations for 4.0 or add-ons to existing 4.0 installations.

Resolution: Resolved in the CRS 4.0(4) release, with a target release date of mid-April 2006.

Recommendations: If your IPCC Express Edition or IP IVR 3.X customer has already ordered or is planning to order an upgrade to 4.0, please inform them that we recommend they wait for the FCS of the 4.0.4 release.

Please address any questions to: ipcc-express-pm@cisco.com

Same situation here, new MCS-7825-H1 or HP DL320 G3 needs newer Hardware detection CD and OS CDs.

Also no KEY PAK shipped with the SASU PUT Tool media.

Opened TAC-LICENSE case only to get the run around asking for Cisco Sales Order.