Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party IVR - GED125 - call transfer scenario

mahudeswaranA
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Would like to know, how to achieve the below scenario in Cisco environment.

1.We have 3rd party IVR, where it accepts incoming customer calls.

2.The IVR plays some prompts and sets the call details using CRI (Call Route Interface) via GED125 to ICM.

3.Call details (ANI, Cisco DN, CallVariable1..10,etc...) set in CRI =ROTUE_REQUEST used to invoke the ICM script

4.ICM script executes and returns a Label.

5.Then 3rd party IVR transfer the customer call to Cisco environment for agent transfer.

6.Once the 'agent transfer call' reaches the GW-->CM-->ICM and routes to skill -->finally to agent.

7.The agent call connected to agent logged in finesse and both parties are talking.

8. The Cisco Call variables 1..10 is not displayed in finesse agent desktop. Customer Call details

9.How to associate or map the call details which was set in point.3 to be used in point.8 - to display the call-variables in finesse desktop.

Few other options suggested like, 

1. First let the customer answered by cisco environment and then routes to 3rd party IVR

2. Set some unique id as sip header and parse it using CVP on the agent transfer call.

While reading the cisco documents & the way ICM core can be integrated with other peripherals using PG, thought of still its possible to acheive this integration and would like to more from you all. If what we are trying to achieve is not workable then please share your thoughts for an alternate options;

Regards

Mahu

9 Replies 9

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi there,

You may want to explore the Translation Routing Functionality by ICM instead of using the static labels.

the translation route will handoff the call to other routing client, in your case it's CUCM and preserves the call data.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

If you look at my post and points listed, the customer call landed directly to 3rd party IVR. Only when the agent transferred call enters into the cisco environment. prior to agent transfer, the 3rd party IVR sets the call details and do ROUTE_REQUEST using CRI (Call Route Interface) via GED125.

>>the translation route will handoff the call to other routing client, in your case it's CUCM and preserves the call data

If we use translation route then the customer call should first land in cisco environment & routes to 3rd party IVR.

Anyother way apart from doing translation route.?

Also, can you/someone explain what exactly the translation route functionality does?--how the flow executes internally.

Thanks

Mahu

Hi,

I think you can still do the translation routing with third party IVR, You have to figure out what is type of VRU you are using in your environment.

The one thing i missed in my previous reply was when you use translation routing, the target should be only the IVR and in your case to preserve the call data, it can be either IP-IVR or CVP.

The General message flow for the TR looks like below:

-->The call enters the ICM script, the script identifies the Trans Route to VRU node with configured service.

--> ICM generates the temp label (which you configured in translation route explorer for the current peripheral) and send it back to your current routing client, in your case it your IVR.

--> ICM instruct the destination peripheral the call coming on temo DNIS (which you configured in translation route explorer for the current peripheral)

--> if your VRU is capable, it will route the temp label to the network, and that label indeed become the DNIS on target peripheral and completes the circle.

the ICM now sees the call coming on temp DNIS on target peripheral and it completes the translation routing.

we had implemented the similar concept, when we were migrating from 3rd party IVR to CVP.

we used to do translation routing of the calls from third party IVR to CVP first, and from there we used to transfer the calls to the UCCE agents.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

We donot have any CVP or IP-IVR in our call scenario.

Regards

Mahu

okay, how about setting up the custom database and writing the variables in that database with some unique key for that call, and when call lands on agent desktop. you can retrieve those values from database.

Hi,

This option requires changes/modifications in Cisco finesse agent desktop which involves some effort & we are trying to avoid.

We are trying to use the application level interfaces defined to use between VRU & PG.

either by using CRI+EDF or SCI.

At present, by using CRI along with other parameters we are able to set the CallVariable1..10 to VRU-PG and script executes. In VRU-PG logs, unable to see the CallVariable logged.

For e.g. assume the ICM executes the ICM script, and internally process the CallVariables, (read & store in its cache) & when the script execution ended does CallVariables still be available?

Two points for discussion,

1.When the script execution completes the data stored in its cache will be cleared & not available for future reference.

2.Since the customer call was not first landed in cisco environment, then ICM has no idea about the CallVariables.

Thanks

Mahu

the call variables are tied to call, so they will vanish when the call ends and written in database tables.

each call has its own set of variables being set, you can run the TCD/RCD reports in ICM see if the variables your are setting in VRU are passing back to ICM successfully and are they being set appropriately.

How are you selecting agent in ICM? hard coded labels? or skill based routing?

Hi,

Two ICM scripts used

ICM-Script-1: (separate DN)

1.VRU will use this script to send RouteRequest along with CallVariables & for troubleshooting purpose hard coded label used.

2.Point.3 from the initial post of this thread.

ICM-Script-2: (separate DN)

1.Skill based routing used this script. 

2.Point.3 from the initial post of this thread.

Thanks

Hi Mahu,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have a similar scenario where an Outbound Dialer (IVR) dials out to customer and plays an IVR message. At the end of IVR message if customer requests for Agent transfer then Script 1 will be used to Set ICM Variables. Once ICM Variables are set ICM should route the call to Appropriate Agent using Skill Based Routing which is Script 2 in your case.

In my case, we also used a Label to transfer the call but we lose CTI data i.e. ICM Variables. And if we use Queue to Skill Group or Skill Group node the call fails with DIALOG_FAIL at GED-125 Connector. Only difference in my case is we're using SCI (Service Control Interface) with GED-125 Connector. 

If you were able to make this work please list out the steps you performed and I can probably replicate same.

Thanking you in anticipation of your kind consideration.

Regards,

Amit.