cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3rdpartygadget Displayed without Container or Titlebar

billiardjester
Level 1
Level 1

Curious if you have ever seen a custom 3rdpartygadget displaying without the Gadget container nor the titlebar?

Aside from previous interest in wanting to be able have gadget contents displayed without the realestate overhead of another titlebar, frame, and extra margins, it has never been a design option provided.

My gadget displays normally on a tab with or without other gadgets — with the gadget titlebar and gadget container displayed / shown as usual.

However, at the page level it displays the elements/buttons of the gadget directly underneath the Call Control gadget with no container/frame or titlebar.

FYI, it is happening on UCCE Finesse 11.6(1) via both IE and Chrome.

Have you seen this anomaly (?) before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that is normal for page view gadgets.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not aware of a way to remove the titlebar or container of a gadget that is not page level.

Thanx,

Denise

However, that is EXACTLY what I have — an invisible gadget!!!

The buttons in my gadget are the only components visible!

My gadget HAS no Titlebar or Container — Instead it’s components are displayed with nothing but the outermost Finesse container background.

So the buttons of the gadget are just sitting below the Call Control gadget with no Titlebar or Container Frame surrounding them!!!

In a scense my dreams have come true — but not sure I can recreate it for other customers — or it might change the way it displays for this customer!!!

It is difficult with this customer since the gadget is invisible when at the page level — and the Titlebar and gadget Container Frame are visible when on a tab!

FYI, I always have a problem responding via the email responses that I receive — for instance here is what I get back when sending my response to your email responses:

”The following message to <ciscocommunity-donotreply@cisco.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <ciscocommunity-donotreply@cisco.com>... User unknown'

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of your gadget?

Pageview gadgets gets rendered differently than regular gadgets. What are you trying to accomplish? An invisible gadget that is NOT page view?

We recently migrated to a new platform for the communities. I will let the team know about your reply issue.

Thanx,

Denise

Please clarify — are you saying that it is normal for a page level gadget to be displayed without Titlebar and associated gadet frame????

If it is not normal for a gadget to be displayed without the Titlebar and Gadget Container Frame then why are you not responding immediatletlly???

It sounds like you are saying that it is normal for Page Level Gadgets to be invisible with respect to Titlebar and Gadget Frane — Please clarify!

Yes, that is normal for page view gadgets.

Can you please reference where it states that Page View gadgets will display without their Titlebars and Gadget Frames — yet Tab Level gadgets will display with their Titlebar and Gadget Frames??

There isn't any documentation on it.

Thanks again for the quick responses.

However, without documentation, it is difficult to show the customer "why" the gadget renders differently at Page Level vs Tab Level.

Another point worth considering or just a note of caution is that all the potential display characteristics, title, and custom logic behind the gadget titlebar and container / background vaporizes when the gadget is rendered at the Page Level.  Which again can be difficult to explain to a customer that now wants their gadget moved from a tab to the page level.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: