Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 and Finesse FAC code visibility.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

Please confirm does the Cisco IP Phone 8851 displays the Authentication Code when dialing from Cisco Finesse. Please clarify.

Regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ritesh,

I do not know if it shows on that particular phone model. I do not have that phone model, so I would not be able to test it out.

Thanx,

Denise

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

I have tested the same and it does not work. Usually in CIPC on SCCP protocol when we dial "1234567890,111" and CUCM understands and dials out to PSTN.

Using 8851 phone on SIP protocol and dialing from Cisco Finesse, I hear lady announcement "please check the no. you have dialed" and Auth code is clearly visible. If I dial "1234567890" from Finesse, 8851 phone ask me to enter Auth Code and then it routes to PSTN.

Can someone put a light on this.

Thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi,

I believe you had asked about FAC with Finesse last year: Re: Force authentication on Cisco Finesse v11 Are you saying these steps do not work? The notes in that thread is from someone who got it working.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

You remember history well.

I tested on Cisco IP Communicator on SCCP and SIP both. On SCCP Authentication Code hides/masks but NOT in SIP. SIP displays the Authentication Code in CIPC.

Now, using 8851 phones am not able to achieve. So I asked.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh,

I remembered answering a question about FAC so I looked it up .

From what you are saying it seems like the steps mostly work, but not for the 8851 model. Finesse sends the number in that format to UCCE/UCCX who sends it to UCM. So, it might be that UCM is rejecting it for that particular phone type. Unfortunately, that is all the information I have about FAC.

Thanx,
Denise