cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

a question about imbed Finesse functionality

libinwalan
Level 1
Level 1

There i will build a web app not use finesse ui.So i will use ajax to access finesse service.

But now, i have a question:

When a agent login, and state is ready. When a customer make a  call,how can i catch the event when a agent is under ringing and make the answer button change a backgroundcolor.I do not konw where the income call event come.

The nonGadgetSample is a simple demo, I found it mybe get the event through the finesse notifications with xmpp,and explain the notification content.

Am i right?  or there have an other right way for agent to get the income calling event.

thanks!

6 Replies 6

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

XMPP is the best way to access events.

Hi Edwin, I have the same question.  I tried XMPP, I got the cross domain issue. I was not able to connect to XMPP server. Would you please give me some advise how to solve this issue?

Thanks !

Hi,

You have to create proxy when you receive XMPP events. Cisco Non gadget sample provides the proxy configuration for Apache by default. That's very much simple. Or if you want to configure in IIS, you have to install ARR and enable proxy. Below thread may help you configuring IIS.

IIS Reverse Proxy for finesse https URL

Thanks,

Dany

Hi Dany,

Thank you very much for your response !  We are using IIS. If we have several different websites hosted in our IIS server, will the proxy configuration affect the other websites?

Thanks,

June

Hi June,

No. You have to host your application by creating a separate website on your IIS and do the necessary configuration only to that website. Don't use the 'Default Web Site' section.

Thanks,

Dany

Thanks !

June

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: