Views
Helpful
Replies

Abandoned Call Rings on Agent Phone

Sami Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a strange situation reported by a supervisor that, abandoned call keep rings on agent phones and when one of the agents answers the call she hears busy tone.

To reproduce this issue, we made some test calls and hung up the call just before the call starts ringing on agent phone.

The same call started ringing on agent phone. It looks like abandone en-route.

Any way to avoid this behavior.

UCCX: 9.0.2.10000-71

CUCM-BE: 9.1.1

Thanks,

Sami

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

it looks like a signalling issue.

When trying to replicate this, did you call from PSTN (~ using a voice gateway) or from an IP phone?

G.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

it looks like a signalling issue.

When trying to replicate this, did you call from PSTN (~ using a voice gateway) or from an IP phone?

G.

Hi,

It was a PSTN call. It has happened a couple of times this afternoon. This morning one of the agents reported that, when she logged out of CAD and when she came back after an hour, she could see a call in the CSD as longest waiting. When she went on Ready state, her phone rang and when she answered, she heard busy tone.

Now, they have started calling it Ghost call.

Hi.

That's very, very naughty ghosts.

Anyway, can you please try to replicate the issue using an internal IP phone (hanging up just before the phone starts ringing).

Also, PSTN is TDM or VoIP? What signalling is used between the CUCM and the VGW?

G.

Restart uccx engine after hours.

Do you have an On Exception Goto (ContactInactiveException) step in the script that jumps to an End step? If not, add it near the Accept step. Without this, the script will carry on running even if a caller hangs up. I'm not saying this is your problem but it might be a contributing factor.

The second question is in-line with Gergely: does the PSTN circuit have disconnect supervision? Is the gateway telling CUCM the call has ended when the outside caller hangs up? (e.g. SIP BYE, Q931 DISCONNECT, etc.) If not this might be the PSTN reorder being heard.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi All,

thanks for your attention and prompt reply I almost forgot the analog signaling side of this issue and was looking at UCCX.

Well, I was able to fix this couple of days ago by adding supervisory disconnect and timeouts wait-release and disconnect parameters.

Thanks G...five stars for pointer.

Regards,

Sami

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: