Views
Helpful
Replies

About Two Publisher Configure

HYEONJIN PARK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi~

I've alrealy configured normal CUCM cluster that one is publisher, other one is subcriber.

It's no problem.

But my customer wants to change configure two publisher cucm.

If one use Active server, other one don't use.

If The active server occur fault, they think use to other server.

Is it available?

In addition, our system include CCX(HA) and Mediasense.

So, they want konw when cucm change other publisher what change the configure other devices or solution(VG,IPPhone,CCX etc...)

Please give me many informations why the system configure is impossible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, there is no way to have 2 publishers in a system nor a way to convert a Sub to Pub. If you ever lose a publisher you need to rebuilt it and restore from backup.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, there is no way to have 2 publishers in a system nor a way to convert a Sub to Pub. If you ever lose a publisher you need to rebuilt it and restore from backup.

Hi~  Chris.

Thank you for reply.

I think so.

But customer thinks available that if both publishers have same configure all things

when active publisher failure, manually other publisher turn on.

No, your customer is wrong you cannot escalate a subscriber to publisher, perhaps he is confused with ability to restore a publisher from subscriber which depending on the version (8.6+) is doable.

Chris is absolutely correct there is no way possible to have more than one publisher in the CM cluster. In case, if publisher fails and you need to rebuilt it using subscriber CM then that is definitely possible and below document talks about the same

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116946-technote-product-00.html

Regards

Deepak

Thank~

Deepak!!