Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Finesse on HA server

dannoofWI
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX 10.6.1 with HA server

We are able to access Finesse Desktop and cfadmin on the primary but the secondary just times out. We are in the process of migrating Teams from CAD and we created a load balancer to direct to the secondary server if the primary becomes unavailable. The problem is we can not even access the secondary directly with its own url. Should we be able to do that with the primary active?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Versions prior to 11.6, Finesse is always ACTIVE on MASTER uccx node.

Starting 11.6, Finesse HA feature has been added (Finesse active on both Nodes Master/Slave). so Finesse HA is not possible in 10.6 - migrate to 11.6 to take advantage of this HA

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Versions prior to 11.6, Finesse is always ACTIVE on MASTER uccx node.

Starting 11.6, Finesse HA feature has been added (Finesse active on both Nodes Master/Slave). so Finesse HA is not possible in 10.6 - migrate to 11.6 to take advantage of this HA

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, and it should redirect you to the primary server. It shouldn't just timeout.  Finesse Admin is slightly different, in that you will be able to login to the secondary Finesse, but you'll see a message like this:

"The Administration Console on the secondary Finesse server is read-only. You must make administration changes on the primary Finesse server."

Also, since you mention an external load balancer be aware that this isn’t supported by Cisco unless the load balancer steps out of the traffic path. I wrote up a conceptual example of this here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/cisco-finesse-failover-behavior/m-p/2968654/highlight/true#M96613

I posted over your link an alternative URL to use, which is specific to Finesse, just in case the DB Master is not correlated with Finesse in the future for some reason.

Thank you. It helped me in my research.

Neither the desktop login or admin get to the login page on the secondary server. Is there anything which may have been missed in the initial setup of Finesse?

Did you configure the second server? After you install it, you have to login to its GUI and configure it as HA over LAN or HA over WAN, and then start some services, etc.

Anthony, thank you for the follow-up. The second server has been working as HA in CAD for a few years.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: