Views
Helpful
Replies

Add new VVB server to existing PCCE 11.6

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Friends,

We have an existing PCCE 11.6 setup running with two VVBs, one each on side A and one on B which are serving contact centre located in main office.

Now we'd like to add a remote site (with contact centre abilities) and would like to add a new VVB and ingress gateway for that site and add VVB to existing CVP servers and use existing central controller for call logic.  I'd like some guidance here as to how best we can achieve this to add new VVB server to existing CVP and make sure new VVB is used for remote site incoming calls.

Except for network round trip between remote site and main site, what other parameters I should check to get this setup working properly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@piyush aghera wrote:

1. Enable Local Static Route: This allows to select hostname of a device or SIP server group, like VVB SIP server groups. Can this help to send calls for a DN to a particular SIP server group which contains my remote VVB ?

2. Enable Send Calls To Originator: it is just a check box. What is the Originator here ? Ingress GW ?

Descriptions given for these in Cisco documents are very minimal, which I wasn't expecting.  So do you have any information or dig up something which describes these options in more detail.   

These are kind of the same... Send Calls to Originator has been in CVP since at least version 4. What most customers/partners use these days are Enable Local Static Route. With the Local Static Route, you can select a device like CUBE, VVB, CUCM or CUSP. You can also select from a SIP Server Group. I use this all the time in deployments that have CUSP in the environment. For environments that don't use CUSP, selecting Route to Device for the Local Static Route works as well. For instance, if you have an Outbound Dialer, you would want to send this to your CUBE/Egress GW for that particular DN Pattern/Outbound label.

So in your case, stand up VVB, add it to CVP Ops Console Device Management, add the DN Pattern, Enable Local Static Route and select the VVB for that remote site.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Part of this depends on your set up today. How are you sending calls to the VVB today for instance, like do you have different server groups for example? Do you only want to have the remote site handle remote calls? Do you want to add a new VVB if you're adding a new voice gateway?

Thanks Bill for your response.

1. I have different SIP server groups configured on CVP Ops console for existing VVB servers.

2. Yes, i want remote site to handle calls only from remote ingress gateway.

3. I am adding a new ingress gateway at remote site, which will have destination as existing CVPs.  I am also adding one VVB server at remote site.

Right, so you'll have to segment out the calls in some manner. Depending on how you got to 11.6, you will likely need to use different servers groups per CVP (not supported in newer deployments, only upgrades) or something like significant digits to keep the calls in the areas you want as long as they're up.

Our environment was upgraded from PCCE 10.5 to 11.6.  I also understood that the new server group needs to be created for new remote VVB server.  However could you please elaborate more on "something like significant digits to keep the calls in the areas you want as long as they're up. "

What other configuration I have to do on CVP OPS console and any other parameter that i should consider.

So again, it depends on how you are set up.

Think of how the calls route today and consider how they will in the new environment. If today for instance you use he upgraded CVP Route patterns so that they are not the same on each CVP server, then you can use the same label to send it to different VVB. If you don't do that and have one dialed number pattern for both CVPs to use, then you don't really (today) have a way to prioritize the calls to one location or the other.

Thanks Bill.  Talking about dialed number patterns, which we have configured in OPS Console and is same for both CVPs; I see two options in dialed number pattern configuration which seems interesting to me for my scenario:

1. Enable Local Static Route: This allows to select hostname of a device or SIP server group, like VVB SIP server groups. Can this help to send calls for a DN to a particular SIP server group which contains my remote VVB ?

2. Enable Send Calls To Originator: it is just a check box. What is the Originator here ? Ingress GW ?

Descriptions given for these in Cisco documents are very minimal, which I wasn't expecting.  So do you have any information or dig up something which describes these options in more detail.   

If you look in the UCCE design guide, the CVP configuration guide, and the CVP operational console guide, you'll probably have better luck.

Bottom line though, if you're not segmenting them out now, you're going to look on how to do this for all of your calls. You can't use send to originator since you're using VVB and not a combination IOS/VXML gateway, which is what that is for.

It sounds basic, but just look at the call step by step and think about how CVP is going to know how to send the call differently. Again, unless you're using different routes on each CVP server (deprecated in new installs I believe in 11.5 and onward but still OK for upgrades like what it sounds like you have), you MAY be able to use that. If not, you're looking at a more complex migration to accomplish what you want.

@piyush aghera wrote:

These are kind of the same... Send Calls to Originator has been in CVP since at least version 4. What most customers/partners use these days are Enable Local Static Route. With the Local Static Route, you can select a device like CUBE, VVB, CUCM or CUSP. You can also select from a SIP Server Group. I use this all the time in deployments that have CUSP in the environment. For environments that don't use CUSP, selecting Route to Device for the Local Static Route works as well. For instance, if you have an Outbound Dialer, you would want to send this to your CUBE/Egress GW for that particular DN Pattern/Outbound label.

So in your case, stand up VVB, add it to CVP Ops Console Device Management, add the DN Pattern, Enable Local Static Route and select the VVB for that remote site.

Excellent Omar.. I think you hit the nail..

Thanks Bill for your inputs as well..

Hi Omar, the issue with this approach is, they're not adding a new CVP server (unless I missed it). So how are they going to say that calls from X location should use label 11111 and go to VVB in location X but calls from Y location will use label 2222 and need to use VVB in location Y? Again, if their CVP is "old enough" they can have different CVP servers do different things, but if they all use the same Dialed Number pattern, they'll need some additional configuration to be able to segment out the calls.

Hey Omar, waiting for your feedback regarding Bill's query.

By the way, we are adding new ingress gateway and VVB at remote site, which will be speaking with existing CVP servers at main site.  Main site already has two VVBs.  CVPs at main site use Dialed Number Pattern which are configured from CVP OPS console.

Do I need to create separate labels for new VVB in remote site ?

You need a way to differentiate what makes the remote site calls unique, otherwise, how would you even know they're calls for that remote site? You don't need a new label. This is where SigDigits could REALLY help you out here... you could tag the DNIS by prepending a set of numbers that makes it specific to the gateway it ingressed on, which would help keep your DN Patterns list clean. Are you using SigDigits today?

So a real world example of this is that I have a customer that has 4 regions (NA, EMEA, APAC, INDIA). My VRU label is 8222111111 and I have a pair of VVB servers for each region - APAC and INDIA share CVP servers for media since the circuit is in Singapore and is a good go between with New Delhi and Melbourne. I'm using a 6 digit prepending SigDigit

North America Side A: 5551008222111111 

North America Side A: 5551018222111111 

EMEA Side A: 5551028222111111 

EMEA Side B: 5551038222111111 

APAC Side A: 5551048222111111 

APAC Side B: 5551058222111111 

India Side A: 5551068222111111 

India Side B: 5551078222111111 

I created SIP Server Groups for all my pairs of VVB servers to help with the load, and I'm not using CUSP. So as you can see, a global deployment is using the same Type 2 Network VRU label. Now I dont. Know if you’re using SigDigits, so I'm hoping that the DIDs make the remote site unique because you'll need a way to differentiate between the two. You're only deploying one VVB, not a pair to the remote site, correct? If you're deploying a pair, I would recommend creating a SIP Server Group - if you go down this path, keep this thread alive and I can help. Look at it this way, if you were to create a new label for the remote site, you'd have to have a way to identify those calls when creating your dial-peer > incoming called-number anyways.

Hope that helps

Thanks Omar.. that's lot of information to take-in :-)

Let me answer your questions first: we do not use SigDigit nor CUSP, and we gonna have single VVB server (as of now) for the remote site.  however if the call volume at remote go high, then we may add another VVB but let's not complicate things as of now.

So in this situation, I believe I will go the route to add DN in CVP OPS console and add VVB server under Enable Local Static Route option of DN. 

Current status: waiting for link setup between main and remote site.

Sounds like a good plan... if you run into issues, bump this thread
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: