Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a hidden menu

arfayeami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I want to create a hidden menu above Main Menu - to allow user to activate or deactivate it themselves for special project. Any idea how to write it?

Thanks

AT

6 Replies 6

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

From the look of the call flow diagram attached you could achieve the same without adding another menu, simply add options 6 & 7 to the Main Menu but don't update the prompt and tell the users that need to know about this.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply. They do not want to add it to the main menu we currently have. They want a additional menu could be turn on or off when needed.

Thanks

AT

What platform are you using (UCCX, UCCE, PCCE, CallStudio, Microapp, etc.)?

UCCX

erikasasaki
Level 1
Level 1

One option I can think of is for you to create a dummy queue.

Insert an IF condition before the main menu, checking if someone is logged in on that dummy queue.

If statement is TRUE, then play a different set of menu options (this can be your "hidden menu")

If statement is FALSE, then play the normal menu options.

You can then ask your customer to use reskilling tool to assign the dummy queue to any agent logged in.

Basically, if someone is logged into the dummy queue, it will trigger the hidden menu. If no one's logged in to the dummy queue, then the usual call flow will be triggered.

I am not well versed in UCCX, but I use the same logic in UCCE for some of our sites.

So do i need additional skill set for the dummy queue? If i reuse the existing one they gonna be route as normal right? Thanks for your help