cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding at Stored Procedure/Function to UCCX 8.5

bestephens
Level 1
Level 1

Guys I am using IBM Data Studio to try to add my own custom function the db_cra.    I have access to the database I can see all the stored procedures and functions.   When I say new function it brings up a window I paste my function in and it shows now errors but when I deploy the function it never shows up in the database.    Does anyone else have any experience with this?   

Thanks,

Brent Stephens                

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IBM Data Studio is horrible isn't it?

I've found that I need to set the 'statement terminator' to something non-default, typically I use !

You don't actually need to put the ! anywhere, it just seems to stop the program doing odd things.

Once it's uploaded, you have to look in the tree where you found the Informix node with the SPs/functions etc under it. There will be a new node called uccxhruser (assuming that's your user) which has SPs/functions under it, they do not appear under Informix with the standard ones.

Hope that helps

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for the reply.   I am actually quite new to the database world.    I am a voice guy trying to make a custom report for my company.    I got access to DataStudio was able to pull up the Stored Procedures and Functions in the database.    I used a few of the existing functions to create my own function to basically be able to pull data from 3 existing reports and have them show in my own CR designed report(all by using the HRC).     When I say new function(under data source viewer) in DataStudio it brings up the template that is chosen and such with the name of the function ie. sp_agent_custom, but when I paste in my own code the debugger is clean and I say deploy(or push the play button) it acts like it works but it never shows in my tree and when I try to run it DataStudio says it doesn't exist.       I feel like it should be fairly simple but this project is killing me.    I tried SQuirrel first(that was attrocious and lacked functionality) now I am on Datastudio and thought it would work but I am at the last step and either my inexperience is getting the best of me or the program is failing me at the last hour.

When you said 'statement terminator'  should i replace all my semicolons with ! or can i just put it at the end of my function?

Thanks,
Brent

Hi

Re: statement terminator, basically if you do it like I do it you are running a SQL script. You'll probably have some semicolons in it, and the software (IBM DS that is) seems to see those as the end of the script. By setting the terminator to ! (which you probably don't have in your function) it sees the whole thing as one big statement (which a 'create function' is) and it goes in.

Not sure why it looks like it works, you can usually tell when it fails.

My instructions to my customer when getting them to upload were like so:

Run that Data Studio

Right click the connection we set up last week (maybe double click it first to connect) then click 'new sql script'

In the window that appears paste in the code from one of the attachments. It will ask what the statement terminator is, set this to a single exclamation mark !

Then hit run... it should report success.

Do the same for the other script (just paste it into the same window and run it)

Try and follow that, if you have no luck maybe PM me your SQL in case there's something odd  (to be honest I'm wondering how you are confident you have it correct if you've not got it uploaded/???) and I'll load up the app and get you better guidance.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Aaron,

I saw many posts regarding the custom stored procedure.  I succeded to connect to UCCX 8.5 database using SQL Squirell Client but i do not have any possibility to upload any custom procedure or even a view. My database knowledge is at beginning but i do not think this is the problem. According tu UCCX HR admin and developer guide is it possible to grant permissions to a custom stored procedure to be able tu run using uccxhruserrole but there is no info regarding the way to upload a new custom procedure. i chose SQl Squirrel Client because is a free tool. It missing something to this tool or the procedure to upload custom stored procedure suppose other steps? Where i could see that steps?

Best regards,

Marius

Hi Marius,

I tried to use Squirrel and could not see any Stored Procedures inside de_cra. I then tried RazorSQL (thanks to Aaron's previous posts) and I could get all stored procedures. I am trying to upload customized procedure using RazorSQL but failed.

Have anyone successfully uploaded Stored Procedures to UCCX? It is really hard to find useful information in this part.

Thanks,

Wenqian

Hello All,

I am Ayush Chaudhary and I am a Contact Center reporting developer. Yes I have successfully created SP's in Cisco UCCX and UCCE database.

For UCCX I have used the Razor SQL to connecting with informix.

Host- IP address

Port No - 1504 (always remains same)

Database name - db_cra

Instance name - ServerName_uccx  (Server name is should be in lower letters)

That's it. Now connect and you can see all existing tables and SP's.

Thanks

Hi Ayush,

I have been able to successfully connect using Razor SQL, I can see the database structure, edit the stored procedures, etc; however, what is not clear is how to save/upload/deploy either the changes, or a new stored procedure back to the server.   Would you mind posting the process for deploying the changes or new stored procedures once a connection has been made to the server using Razor SQL?  I've searched all over, but haven't been able to find the process.

Thanks

Bill

Hi

If you can view/edit then you are there. Just bear in mind that you can only create new functions/procs, and then replace those.

You can't edit the stock ones, just your own.

Aaron

Hi,

I have created a new SP in db_cra with RazorSQL but when I tried to execute it on Razor,I got the attached error which is "routine can not be resolved". In fact, I only changed the name of a current stored procedure and then tried to run it and  I got this error. Do you have any idea about it ? I have created the new SP on both nodes,uccxpub and uccxsub. 

thanks

Sedat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: