cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin password change

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to change the admin password on my PCCE environment.  Is there a documented process that needs to be followed to change the admin account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just went ahead and restarted Tomcat on Side A and B AW server.

It's all good now.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

There is no true documented process. This could also be a tedious process which all depends on where all the password is used within your system. In some cases, I have seen these passwords getting tied to DB’s and network services within ICM and Windows tools hence it’s not a tough process to document. 

I recommend you looking through your system to find out where the password is being used and document all areas to check. I will also recommend having a preemptive TAC case opened in the case you are unable to locate any specific location the password may be embedded in.

Thanks,

Looking in the system I see that I will need to change the password within the Finesse administration page under settings.  There is a username and password to connect to the awdb and this will also require a restart the the Cisco Tomcat service.

Still checking if there is any other places I will need to change this.

Opening a TAC case the night of is a great idea.

Thanks again.

The passwords were changed last night.

I restarted the Cisco Tomcat service on both Finesse servers and tested and everything checked out fine.

I then stopped the 2 SQL Server services on the AW/HD servers (we have 4 in total) and changed the password then started the services back up again.  We then made some test calls and verified it was getting replicated to all servers which it did.  From that stand point we thought we were fine.

We are currently running into an issue on the CCE Admin page.  On Side A the page doesn't even load and on Side B it loads but when we try to reskill an agent we receive "Unexpected database error.  Please contact your system administrator."

Should I have restarted the tomcat services on the side A and B AW servers after I made the change?

I don't believe it would be service impacting as the reps currently cannot skill agents anyway so I assume it would be fine to restart the tomcat service on the AW servers during the day.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I just went ahead and restarted Tomcat on Side A and B AW server.

It's all good now.

Thank you for sharing the steps and your experience, always good to hear about "real world"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: