cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin vs routing for holiday checks

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We use the standard admin checks to check dates via if statements  and then assign then to a global variable. We run the admin every x minutes then query the variable in the routing script

Many people suggest that we keep this set up in admin scripts however I want to use a dB lookup so we can reference tables, other dbs etc and so in my mind I need to use routing scripts so to dBwalker node

I know people say an adminis better to use rather the check for every call when using a routing script but I can not see any other way of achieving what I want unless I use a routing script - any idea, suggestions?

Thanks 

4 Replies 4

There's no real other way. You can use the dbworker node or you could also do a look up in your IVR via CVP, but either way that's correct. Using a DB for hours/holiday is much more flexible and I prefer it.

david

David

Thanks, that's my thinking as well

I haven't used it myself yet, but keep in mind that there are some holiday hour logic checks/variables that are built into PCCE via the SPOG in version 12. Not sure how close you are to updating, but might be worth checking those out before you build out a bunch of stuff.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_12_0_1/maintenance/Guide/pcce_b_admin-and-config-guide_120/pcce_b_admin-and-config-guide_120_chapter_01000001.html#topic_CEFA6B57C574C67DA534AD8D7E9F8F66

Bill

thanks for the update, just looked at it

the trouble is we have 300+ scripts  with probably 50% being different times and days