cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent can't change state to ready

mlarrimore
Level 1
Level 1

I have an agent that can not go to a ready state, she can log off and on but can not make herself ready. Has anyone come across this before? I tried looking for the error in cases and bugs but came up with nothing, assistance appreciated.

8 Replies 8

mlarrimore
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problem. Cisco does not support Configuring the same ICD extension in more than one device profile, or

configuring the same ICD extension in any combination of device profiles

and devices. (Configuring an ICD extension in a single device profile is

supported.) what i had was an agent with the icd extension on her profile and also her IP Communicator. Once i move the extension from the IP communicator she was able to go ready.

Well it looks like I spoke to soon my agent is still experiencing that problem. Don't know now what can be causing it the error is "request to change agent state failed. Unable to change agent state". Any assistance will be appreciated.

I am having the exact same problem now. Did you ever figure it out?

Cisco does not support ICD agent extensions being share (two profiles with the same extension or devices with the same extension). Resolve was to remove one instance of the same extension from one of the devices i.e. remove the ICD extension off an IP communicator leaving it on the agent profile.

One other thing to note in case others have this problem...I ran into it with one agent where the agent first tried to login when their phone was not registered. Afterwards the phone registered, but still got the same "unable to change agent state" type messages. After tinkering with it for some time, I found that de-associating the agent's phone from the RM-CM user and then re-associating it brought everything back to normal. Agent was then able to change states with no problems.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Jim

Hi Astinus,

I just did a discussion board search and found your answer to the "unable to change agent state" problem.

I did a disaccociation and reassociation in the RMjtapi, and it solved the problem, our agent is now able to change states.

I'm giving you a "High 5" for your post being extremely helpful. Thanks for being out there!

Ryan Burtch
Level 4
Level 4

Had this issue because the UC engineer added the same UCCE/IPCC line (extension) to a user's physical phone and their IP Communicator phone, in Call Manager. The fix is to change the IPCC line on the IP Communicator to a different number and then program that second number in ICM Config manager as a secondary agent.

reiko-grof
Level 1
Level 1

I had this issue and found it was because the ICD extension on the mobility extension profile had been accidentally forwarded to another number.  Once the Cfwdall was deleted, the agent could go ready again.