Helpful
Replies

Agent Desktop call duration active ?

shamkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

Agent user email conversation.   

"This has happened to me when I miss a call that comes thru the agent.  I'm not on the other line or anything.  Doesn't happen all the times,

The only way to end the call is for me to log out of the agent then it gives me a pop up window which I have below as well."

Any idea please? Thank you and appreaciated.

12 Replies 12

shamkumar
Level 1
Level 1

More info:

UCCX

Server version 8.5SU4

Any thing more info please let me know.Thank you.

Is the call going to VM?  Can you call the agent directly on their agent extension and see what happens when he/she doesn't answer the call?

david

No idea but let me ask user and I will get bac to you though.

As per scrip connected....queued....play prompt..call hold..call unhold..Dequeue..goto Operator hunt group.

What exactly happens when the call hits the agent's phone?  I don't think the issue is with the script, it will be either the phone or the agent's configuration.

david

David,

I am not able to reproduce the same issue coz it happends only some times..So I keep asking user and I keep doing test calls to figure out whats happening.And i will post asap.Thank you so much for your time though.

I have seen something similar to this before.

Someone put a long timeout on the select resource step, I think around 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

The Agent would go to reserved and their phone would ring. If they did not answer the call then after a little over two minutes the agent state would return to Ready but their phone would continue to ring with the ACD call. They could answer the call but when they hung up the CCX would be in a strange state as it had lost track of the call. The only way to recover was to logout and back in.

I would think Cisco has had problems in the past with Agents getting stuck in Reserved and have put a timer on the Reserved state.

Check the timeout on the select resource step in the script and make sure it’s not more than 60 seconds.

Graham

Graham

Thank you for your reply...I tested and I could replicate the problem..

When user do not pick the call on agent line then actually call is ending in voice mail,customer is leaving voice mail and call will be terminated but in agent desktop call show's active and there is no way we can end the call though and only one option is logg off.

When it reaches unityconnention basicllay call should be terminated by UCCX but its not...

So any ideas and assistance please.

Assistance will be great help and I really appreciate.

David,

Sorry took long time to get back to you.

Basically call is ending in voice mail.

Then that's the problem, the call shouldn't hit Unity, it should RONA.  Can you compare your UCCX rona setting and your VM setting?  Ideally you're sending calls to an agent extension which doesn't have VM, but that's a bigger ask than the first one.

david

Thank you! Yes you are right I have to troubleshoot this why its ending in voice mail on agent line.I will try and I will get back to you with ans and questions.

A transfer to a CCX agent is a consult call and when that call connects CCX checks it has connected to the agent extension. If it is the wrong extension such as VM or the agent has done a call forward then CCX pulls that call back into the queue and looks for the next agent.

However if your timeout on the select step is to long then CCX seems to lose track of the call. I have not tested if it is able to go to VM at that point.

If your agents have VM then the RONA for VM must be longer than the timeout on the "Select Resource" step.

Graham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: