cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent email help - buttons greyed out at one location

s3anmiller
Level 1
Level 1

The setup:  Two call centers.  One in NC and one in CA.

The one in NC, which is where the call center servers are, has no issues with email buttons becoming active.

The one in CA, every morning when the agents login the email buttons will not become active unless the users do the following workaround

Start agent.

Run and IE url that was given to me by Cisco.  http://<ipaddress of ccx server/EemUi/index.jsp?port=59015

This will force Java to start and have the java icon appear in the system tray.

Email buttons become active

Close IE window (which make email buttons grey out again)

close and restart agent

Email buttons work.

I only have this issue in the CA office.

I had them ship a desktop to me in the NC office.  I connected it and did NOT have an issue.  Everything works perfectly here.

Is the issue tied to the distance?  Is there some java time out setting I can tweek to make this work.

I didn't have this problem with 8.5 su 2.... it happened after the update to su 3

Anyone seen this?  Cisco has no answer.

5 Replies 5

tom.sullivan
Level 4
Level 4

I bounced this around the office to get some ideas.  One question - how long is the CA office waiting for the email buttons to become active?  That is, setting the workaround aside, if they wait long enough, do the Agent E-Mail buttons ever become active?    The thinking is that could be a factor as the entire applet is around 40 MB. If connection speed isn't great it could take a while to download which would explain the scenario.

Tom

I have let them sit and wait for as much as 10 minutes before with nothing happening.

The average ping time is around 80 msec between the offices.

Does the applet download everytime?  Does that workaround force some sort of download?  I'm not entirely sure what the workaround does.

Yes, the applet downloads everytime.  The workaround is forcing that download.  I'm wondering if something else is preventing it from getting called in the integrated browser.  I'm assuming you have a ticket open with Cisco TAC?  They should be able to have you gather logs.

T

I had a ticket open with TAC.  Logs were collected and it told them nothing.  The Cisco suggestion was to re-image the machines.  I don't know if that is a good solution.  The problem is on all the machines.  Some are XP, some are 7 and age of the machines is all over the map.  (we don't replace equipment that often).

This is a frustrating issue.

Is there a config file I can change to force it to not download everytime or change the location of the download to a machine/server in CA?

Something tells me I would need a local CCX server in CA for that solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: