Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Event Detail Box

fbushiri1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The Agent event detail box in the Agent Distribution tab of the Call Manager peripheral of the PG Explorer in ICM is not enabled. I remember being told during installation that if checked it unnecessarily increase CPU usage. With the Agent event detail box unchecked, the Agent Not Ready reports (Agent30 and Angent31) in Webview are always blank and a couple of managers are now asking for those reports.

Can anyone confirm that theory on CPU utilization when Agent event detail is enabled?

Thanks,

MB

9 Replies 9

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I have a customer with a decent sized contact center - 2 CM clusters, 1200 agents. I check "Agent Detail" but leave "Enable Agent Reporting" unchecked.

You do want that Agent Detail on. I vaguely remember many years back that there were some warnings about the CPU usage on agent detail, but I would not worry about it.

What version of UCCE are you on?

Regards,

Geoff

Thank you Geoff, I'm running UCCE 7.2(6) and I'm upgrading to 8.0 in June. My "enable agent reporting" is checked though. Do you suggest that uncheck it.

Matt B.

Hi,

Let me check and get back to you. I answered from memory - not a good plan.

Regards,

Geoff

Sorry, both are checked.

Regards,

Geoff

Thank you!

Agent State Trace is different from Agent Event Detail.

Enabliing Agent State Trace will consume the CPU and DB size. These are enabled when you need event by event agent state tracing and could be used for troubleshooting purpose.

Use Agent Event Detail table for the not ready report and  you have to enable the one you mentioned your email.

jessepbeatty
Level 1
Level 1

MB,

I have never had any issues with Agent Event Detail, and it is one of the first things most managers ask for when they notice an agent has a high Not Ready ratio.

You may be thinking of the Agent State Trace checkbox in the Agent configuration. That can generate very large amounts of data and should only be used sparingly for troubleshooting purposes.

Good point. Thanks for your post.

Regards,

Geoff

Thank you for clarifying.

MB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: