cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Logged in Check with IPCCX 3.5.3

david
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a script from various other sources that we want to use in our helpdesk to queue calls.

We currently do a day of week and time of day check to make sure the helpdesk is open. What I want to do is to check to see if there are agents logged in to take calls, and if not send the users off to voicemail. I have attached my current script. I can't get the agent logged in check to work. Anyone have any suggestions how to acheive this assuming it is possible with IPCCX?

Many thanks

Regards

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Strange. It sounds like the number of logged in agents isn't being reported correctly. After the reporting statistic step for logged in agents, try adding a generated prompt (and subsequent play prompt step) to speak the number of logged in agents to see what value is actually being fetched. It's as if it's following the false branch of the 'if' step.

You could use Debug -> Reactive Script from the CRA Editor - enter the script name (case sensitive) and trigger the application, then you should be able to step through the script observing the variables being populated with real-time values.

Actually, I'm wondering whether the script is case-sensitive to the CSQ name - try 'ITTHelpdesk' in the application parameter variable instead of 'itthelpdesk'.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't have Script Editor 4.0 on my PC so I could not open your script, but basically all you have to do is use the "Get reporting statistics" step and use the Logged-In Resources field, and store it as an integer variable. Then add an IF statement to check if the variable is > 0, if NO redirect to voicemail, if YES continue with your select resource logic.

HTH,

Chris

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

The logic handling the Logged-In Resources check is reversed; you need something like:

If ( loggedinagents_CSQ) > 0 Then

True - Goto Queue

False - Goto No Agent Logged On

Also, the row identifier variable in the Get Reporting Statistic step for Logged-in Resources needs to reference the CSQ - 'CSQ_1' is used in this step and 'CSQ' in the step within the Select Resource queued branch.

The Goto Open step in the Queued branch of the Select Resource step should loop back to queueLoop. This branch is interrupted when an agent becomes available.

Thanks Chris and Matthew. Spotted that error Matthew when I read Chris's post and have changed them round. I also see my error on the Select Resource step going to queueloop rather than how I had it. For some reason I guess I was checking again incase the agents logged off when people were still in the queue.

I don't quite understand the Logged-in resources. Are you saying I need to change this to be CSQ rather than CSQ1? i.e. I need to check the same CSQ as is used in the select resource branch? IF so I can see the logic in that. If not could you explain.

Many thanks both again for your help.

Regards

David

Will rate posts once I get a chance to upload the modified script and test tomorrow.

Yes, exactly, the CSQ used in the logged-in agents Get Reporting Statistic step needs to be the same as that used in the Select Resource step.

Matthew,

Thanks for that. I have made the changes and uploaded the script refreshed it and tested, but it doesn't seem to make a difference if the agent is logged in or not. Either way the call goes to Voicemail. I have checked using the realtime reporting and I can see the agent logged in and ready, but the call never hits the queue.

Any further suggestions? I have reuploaded the modified script incase I have missed something

That script looks right to me. Are you able to debug it using the real-time debugger in the CRS editor?

It would be interesting to see what value loggedinagents_CSQ has after the statistic is fetched - you could add a generated prompt to say the number of agents logged in.

Do you just hear the 'noagentprompt' prompt and then the redirect to voicemail?

Is the CSQ definitely specified correctly as a parameter variable in the application page?

Can't see an option of real-time debug in the CRA Editor. Is this avilable in IPCCX 3.5? If so can you point me to a details of how to use it or provide details?

I can hear the prompt 'noagentprompt'. When I call in I get ring tone call is answered, a second of silence then plays prompt then diverts me to VM.

Under the application I have a tick in the box next to CSQ and the name of itthelpdesk in the box.

under ICD Condig I have the following:

Contact Service Queue Report

Contact Service Queue Name ITTHelpdesk

Contact Queuing Criteria FIFO

Resource Selection Criteria Longest Available

Resource Pool Selection Model Resource Group

Resource Group ITTHelpdesk

Resources List of Agents

Many thanks

D

Strange. It sounds like the number of logged in agents isn't being reported correctly. After the reporting statistic step for logged in agents, try adding a generated prompt (and subsequent play prompt step) to speak the number of logged in agents to see what value is actually being fetched. It's as if it's following the false branch of the 'if' step.

You could use Debug -> Reactive Script from the CRA Editor - enter the script name (case sensitive) and trigger the application, then you should be able to step through the script observing the variables being populated with real-time values.

Actually, I'm wondering whether the script is case-sensitive to the CSQ name - try 'ITTHelpdesk' in the application parameter variable instead of 'itthelpdesk'.

Change the case of the CSQ and this did the trick. Looks like it was case sensitive after all.

Thanks for sticking with me on this one and helping me get this resolved.

Regards

D

It looks like the Get Reporting Statistic step returns -1 for a non-existent queue, which would have been the case because the CSQ name was case-sensitive.

This would have matched the False branch in the "loggedinagent_CSQ > 0" IF statement.

Glad you managed to get it sorted. Thanks for rating the posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: