cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent login Failure - UCCX/Finesse (ver 10.6.1)

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Recently upgraded UCCX from ver 7.1 to ver 10.6, changed to use Finesse (from CAD).

All Agents work from home and go into office (several will use both work places during the week).   Since 2006 we have programmed an IP Communicator phone for  home use and a User Defined Profile to log into desk phone in office - both having the same Primary extension - for all agents. Worked for years, no issue with CAD or UCCX.

I tested on the new version and seemed to work for me, though I noticed now I have to associate the UDP to the Application user for Resource Mgr. as well as the IP Communicator Device.

Some agents will get an error when logging into Finesse, stating "The device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid".  

Initially , I would take the "hotel" phone  that the agents log into in the office and remove it form the Application user for Resource Manager (rmjtapi) and then add it back.  Agent could log in again. Did that for several phones in the call center over several days after the cut over to new system,  BUT not all agents ran into the issue, so not all phones did  I do that action.

Since then then , that remediation does not always work,

My bigger issue is that I find now with only some agents , that they can not have both the IP Communicator and the UDP associated to the Application user (rmjtapi).  I have to remove one of them for the Finesse login to succeed.

figure it is some configuration I have done incorrectly on those that do not work ?????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

so I guess the questions are :

1) how can I let my agents (who have been working this way with the Cisco product for 10 years)   use the hard phones in the office (UDP login) and use the softphone at home?

This is and has not been supported, even though it may have worked. It is definitely documented.

You can assign the Extension Mobility service to their IPCommunicator. They would sign into the device the same as they would to their hard phone in the office.

2) Since I have to associate the UDP to the Application user now , can I remove the "hotel" phones  from controlled list for the App user?

You should be able to remove those devices.

Then, test, test, test, and test again to verify the configuration

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jasonlnielsen
Level 4
Level 4

Take a look here at this document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/200129-Troubleshoot-CAD-and-Finesse-Desktop-Log.html

It is a good place to start. I have ran into a few of the bugs listed in which you might be running into.

Jason

Please rate if helpful.

Thanks Jason,

Some of them I had seen before but a couple are new to me.

all,

Another piece of information to clarify further ... for earlier verison of UCCX (7.1) since we did not have to associate the UDP to the Application User we associated the "hotel" hard phone instead and the IP Communicator (UDP and soft phone have same Primary extension - but the Hotel phone Primary extension is different).   So when migrated the data over, those Hotel phones were still associated.  

Not sure it would fix this  but should I now un-associate all the Hotel phones since I associate the User Defined Profile that they use to log into those 'hotel ' phones ??

I re-read your first statement and would like to clarify and make sure I understand:

"All Agents work from home and go into office (several will use both work places during the week).   Since 2006 we have programmed an IP Communicator phone for  home use and a User Defined Profile to log into desk phone in office - both having the same Primary extension - for all agents. Worked for years, no issue with CAD or UCCX."

Does that reference mean that the Agent's Line is on 2 devices?

In stating that "My bigger issue is that I find now with only some agents , that they can not have both the IP Communicator and the UDP associated to the Application user (rmjtapi).  I have to remove one of them for the Finesse login to succeed", it seems to me that there are 2 devices with the same line.

And "UDP and soft phone have same Primary extension". Is this the Agent Extension?

Make sure also that your agent are using a supported configuration for Finesse:

Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones

The following configurations are not supported for agent phones:

• Two lines on an agent phone that have the same extension but exist in different partitions.
  • Unified CCX extension that is assigned to multiple devices.
  • Configuring the same Unified CCX extension in more than one device profile, or configuring the same Unified CCX extension in any combination of device profiles and devices. (Configuring a Unified CCX extension in a single device profile is supported.)
  • In the Unified Communications Manager Administration Directory Number Configuration web page for each Unified CCX line, setting Maximum Number of Calls to a value other than 2.
  • In the Unified Communications Manager Administration Directory Number Configuration web page for each Unified CCX line, setting Busy Trigger to a value other than 1.
  • Configuring a Cisco Unified IP Phone with Secure Real-­Time Protocol (SRTP) for use in recording with MediaSense.
  • No Cisco Unified Communications Manager device can be forwarded to the Unified CCX extension of an agent.
  • The Unified CCX extension of an agent cannot be configured to forward to a Cisco Unified CCX route point.
  • Configuring the Unified Communications Manager Intercom feature.
  • Configuring the Hold Reversion feature.
  • Agent extensions cannot be added to hunt lists or hunt groups. If an agent has only one line, then the agent phone cannot be part of a hunt list or hunt group. In the case of multiple lines, none of the lines on the first four buttons on the phone must be part of the hunt group. For more details on multiple lines support and number of monitored lines, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Design Guide, located at http:/ / www.cisco.com/ c/ en/ us/ support/ customer-collaboration/ unified-contact-center-express/ products-implementation-design-guides-list.html.
  • Video is not supported if you are using Cisco Jabber for Windows as agent phone.
  • The Unified CCX extension of an agent cannot be configured with Call Forward All to a Cisco Unified CCX Trigger or CTI route point.

Jason, thanks for coming back and re-reading. I read those supported configs above.

> each agent has the following configured :

Agent has a UDP to log into a "hotel" phone, the agent extension (62345) is on line 1.

Agent has a IP Communicator phone ,the same agent extension (62345) is on line 1.

They use the UDP when they go in the office,

They use the IP Communicator when are at home.

(the "hotel" phones all have dummy extensions and are not assigned to agents)

The User Management page will only allow one extension for an agent  in the IPCC field, thus each user ID can only have one extension and Finesse does not like them to have more than one device with the same extension. 

1) how can I let my agents (who have been working this way with the Cisco product for 10 years)   use the hard phones in the office (UDP login) and use the softphone at home?

And side note - it is working for almost all my agents, I really just have a small number that it makes me remove one or the other for them to log into Finesse)

2) Since I have to associate the UDP to the Application user now , can I remove the "hotel" phones  from controlled list for the App user? 

Wondering if when they log into the phone and their profile takes over the phone - does the agent now look like they have the hotel phone as the agent's device and that "hotel" still has to remain associated to the App user.

This is and has not been supported, even though it may have worked. It is definitely documented.

You can assign the Extension Mobility service to their IPCommunicator. They would sign into the device the same as they would to their hard phone in the office.

You should be able to remove those devices.

Then, test, test, test, and test again to verify the configuration

Jason,  Thanks for the reply ... I understand that they dont support my scenarion event though it's been working and still works for quite a few agents even now while we are on the new version.

Just a pain to now go back and change everything,

It will definitely take time and good amount of work on your part to correct this configuration. However, once done you will really not face all these kind of petty issues and others that you might have not encountered so far.

And the biggest thing, TAC can never refuse you support on the terms of unsupported configuration.

Regards

Deepak

have a follow up -  I tool my IP Communicator and left the Device name as is, then changed the Primary extension to be some dummy number.  Then launched the IPC and selected Services -> then chose Login/ Logout Service --> I get the fields to enter my UserID   and field to enter PIN.  I enter and the UDP takes over the IPC and I can log into Finesse successfully.

But I have a user that I did the same (changed Primary extension to dummy).

Made sure Extension Mobility on phone is checked.

Made sure I has subscribed the Login/Logout Service under Subscribe/ Unsubscribe services .

When this uses selects Services - you can see the Login/ Logout at the top of his IPC, but the fields for UserID and PIN are not there,.

We are only 1 cluster.

I removed the soft phone config and added it back,  the user unistalled the application, rebooted, and reinstalled .

Any ideas where I should go correct so he can get to log his UDP into his IPCommunicator ?