cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Pre-announcement with UCCE and CVP

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have any experience trying to setup an agent pre-announcement with UCC Enterprise and CVP? The idea is to have an agent specific prompt played to the caller as soon as a call is transferred to an agent.

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Yes.

Commonly called "Agent Greeting". Search here and you will find previous discussions.

Regards,

Geoff

So is the only known solution to use Blind Conference? I thought of that but realized quickly it wasn't something I would want to do. I was hoping someone had figured something out using custom development.

Ed - that's the only way I know of. A single-step conference from custom code in the CTIOS. It works - but has huge implications on bandwidth and conf resources.

I want it done by the phone through the built in bridge.

Regards,

Geoff

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

I read in another forum that this MAY be possible using code developed in CUAE (Cisco Unified Application Environment). See below for the original text. I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has done anything with CUAE.

**Original Post on CCUG forum**

You might be able to do this using code developed in the latest version of Cisco Unified Application Environment (CUAE). This requires UCM 6.x or later. There are a number of nifty things you can do with the call in CUAE, and this may be one possibility. You will need several servers and someone familiar with the CUAE APIs. I can't guarantee it will work, because I haven't tried it. It might be a good place to start if you are already on UCM 6.x and/or already have CUAE installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: