Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Priority

David Strong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Trying to replicate Avaya feature of being able to prioritize Agents within a queue. I.E. Agent 1 and Agent2 are members of PQ1 and PQ2,  Agent1 should always have calls from PQ1 presented ahead of any call in PQ2 even if calls in PQ2 have been queuing for longer.

Any ideas? Without all calls going into 1 PQ and being prioritised before getting into that PQ

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

If the Attributes feeding your Precision Queues are setup for proficiency, then simply give Agent 1 a higher proficiency than Agent 2. Also, in the routing script, you will want give a higher priority value to PQ1 over PQ2 using the Queue Priority node (lower the number, the higher the priority) to help ensure that PQ1 calls route to an agent from the queue faster than PQ2 calls.

The easiest way to do this is to have calls in PQ1 with a higher (smaller number) priority. This then ensures that calls out of PQ1 will always be answered ahead of PQ2.

david

Thanks for the replies... Thinking out loud, but if I give PQ1 a higher priority than PQ2 for any situation then means would affect all agents and all calls into PQ2. I think doing the higher skilled agents is the way to go.. but need to have a play. The trouble being that they want to get calls from PQ2 answered by Agent1 ahead of any calls in PQ1, without affecting the other agents in PQ2...

You are correct in stating that it will affect all agents who handle that PQ if you raise the priority of the PQ. So yes the only option is to modify the proficiency of the agent.

david

Thanks for the reply but that wouldn't work in this situation... If Agent1 has Att1=5 and Att2=9, and 2 calls are in the system on PQ1 and PQ2, if Agent1 became available then would always be presented with the call that had been queuing longest no matter what attribute levels are... Could change the PQ priorities but the way we deal with RONA calls uses priorities so would break this?! So can have one fix or the other!?!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: