Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Silent Monitoring via Wireless NIC card

mayank.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

Has anyone tried silent monitoring via Wireless NIC card? Our set up is using IPCC Enterprise & CTIOS Server/Client

We tried using the wired nic card on a notebook and it works fine but when we try it when the Agent is using the wireless connection it doesn't work. We have already upgraded the drivers for the wired & wireless nic card to the latest.

Any advise will be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

When you say the nic works without the agent, are you saying that you can capture 802.1q tagged RTP traffic from the phone?

Hi there..

We have set up CTIOS client with media termination (i.e no hardphone required) software on a notebook. The Agent logs onto this software on the notebook to receive calls from the hotline.

When the Agent notebook is connected up to the LAN via the wired nic card, the Supervisor is able to silent monitor the agent conversation. But when the Agent notebook is connected to the LAN via the wireless nic card, the Supervisor is unable to silent monitor the agent conversation.

rgds..

Most common two issues I've seen with silent monitoring are NIC/Driver and Firewall related.

I think you've ruled out NIC/Driver since this is a working media termination client. It is not uncommon to implement firewalls, wireless proxies, and/or ACLs to protect the enterprise from wireless hackers. Often not all ports necessary for CAD, ie TCP 59028 for Desktop Monitor or TCP 59020 for Chat, etc...

Could something like this is preventing some portion of access between the CAD & CAD server or agent & supervisor?