cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent State Trace On with UCCE 11.6 or UCCE 12.0.

marcin_szydlak1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have question about Agent State Trace with UCCE 11.6 or UCCE 12.0.

Is there any limit to enabling this option for agents. I have information on cisco.com ( Solution Design Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise, Release 11.6 - Chapter: Configuration Limits and Feature Availability for Reference Designs ) about Agents with TraceON enabled for only 100 agents.

Does this really mean that we can enable Agent State Trace for 100 agents. You have some experience turning this on for more agents.

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is a lot of agents, it isn't just the database space to be concerned of but also the utilization of the Rogger. At the very least, you might want to consider doing it by group at a time. Also, if you run into an issue and open a ticket, Cisco may ask you to turn off the trace before they will continue helping you. I would make sure you can't get whatever you need to report on from another table like Agent Event Detail that doesn't require trace.

This is the note from the Config guide:

When you enable Agent State Trace the system tracks every state change for each agent you select. This puts an added load on system software resources, such as network bandwidth and database space, and can impact system performance. You may only track up to 100 agents with Agent State Trace at any one time. You should also take the added load into account when planning your system capacity.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I think the answer you will get is, it depends. How many other agents do you have? Are you adding it to 100 out of 100 total agents? 100 out of 5000? How busy are these agents? Are you just enabling this temporarily for troubleshooting or you want it permanently due to some unique reporting need. Think about HDS disk space implications as well for that table.

Bill, Thanks for answer.

We are talking about 500 concurrent agent in Deployment model 2000 Agents. I planned that this would be enabled by default for all agents, I need to collect detailed data about logged agents from the AgentStateTrace table.

Do you think the only problem will be the database space?

That is a lot of agents, it isn't just the database space to be concerned of but also the utilization of the Rogger. At the very least, you might want to consider doing it by group at a time. Also, if you run into an issue and open a ticket, Cisco may ask you to turn off the trace before they will continue helping you. I would make sure you can't get whatever you need to report on from another table like Agent Event Detail that doesn't require trace.

This is the note from the Config guide:

When you enable Agent State Trace the system tracks every state change for each agent you select. This puts an added load on system software resources, such as network bandwidth and database space, and can impact system performance. You may only track up to 100 agents with Agent State Trace at any one time. You should also take the added load into account when planning your system capacity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: