Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent States in ICM script

Deep46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if the states of an agent such as Logged on and Ready can be checked in ICM scripting .

We are developing a script which will check the agent state Logged on and then checks the agent state ready , only if these conditions are satisfied then the call will route to that particular agent.

If agent is not logged on, then it will route to one skillgroup and if agent is logged on , but not available/ready then it will land to voice mail.

The approach which i am following is to assign each agent with one particular skillgroup and check these states.

Please let me know if any other approach can be followed .

Regards

Deepak      

14 Replies 14

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi deepak,

Before you route the call to the SkillGroup, you can have a IF Node to check the LoggedOn count and Available/Ready and route accordingly as you need.

IF SkillGroup.LoggedOn=0 in Formula Editor

Right branch connected to the SkillGroup you required

Wrong branch connected to another IF node and if SkillGroup.READY=0 have the Right branch connected the Voicemail

You can also accomplish this just by 1 IF Node using AND and OR operators

Just have a look at Using Formulas section in the below Scripting and Media Routing Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_0_1/user/guide/ipce80sg.pdf

Regards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for the reply.

So is there no other way other than assigning skillgroup to each agent and then check these states.

Cant we have Agent.Loggedon or Agent.Ready ? This is needed to generalise in the script. IF not , i need to write for each agent a if node and then assign this agent a skillgroup and check this node.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

No, we dont have Agent as an Object Type in the formula editor.

Why you want to assign 1 agent to 1 SkillGroup. Is that just you need to route to thier respective voice mail ?

Regards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil.

If agent is not logged on, then it will route to one particular skillgroup and if agent is logged on , but not available/ready then it will land to voice mail.Only if agent is logged on and available, then agent will answer the call.

For this i am planning to use Queue to Agent node . Please find below the snippet of call flow .

Hi Deepak,

The Queue to Agent Node works like this.

*   If the Agent is Logged On and he is not ready, the Call will take the Right Branch of the Node.

*   If the Agent id not Logged in, the call will take the Wrong Brnach of the Node.

So what you can do is, in the Wrong Branch of the Queue To Agent node, Connect the Queue To Skill Group to skill group where you want to point if the agent is not logged on.

In the Right Branch of the Queue To Agent node, You can route to whatever which leads to voicemail. (If agent is in Ready state the call will land to him, else it takes the Right Branch)

You can even change the above behaviour by having the "Queue If Agent Not Logged In".

Check whether this works for you.

Regards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Yes , you are right. Today we were thinking of the same approach to use the queue to skillgroup. Thanks a lot for your update.

We will try this and share the result with you.

I am not able to view the screenshot . Could you please re insert the image .

Regards

Deepak

Here is the Screenshot for that check box in the Queue to Agent Node

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Just one additional question i have is that in the Queue to Agent node.

Here you are selecting the Explicit Agent references.

But i need to select Lookup agent references , this is because i am doing a db lookup and then i am getting the agent id in the one call peripheral variable 10  and i am putting that in the agent expression. But i have a enterprise skill group needs to be configured. I am having confusion whether this enterprise is the skill of that particular agent or the skillgroup which i will be using when queue to agents comes out with the wrong branch.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Deepak

Hi deepak,

You need to have EnterpriseSkillGroup and  EnterpriseRoute, You need to add the SkillGroup in EnterpriseSkillGroup  where that agent belongs to, and respective Route in the  EnterpriseRoute. Make sure this EntepriseSkillGroup contains the List of  skillGroups that belongs to all the agents that PV10 provides. I never  tried the Agent expression of PV10. There is a concept of PreferedAgentID. Please have a look at the config Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise9_0_1/configuration/guide/CCMP_BK_CF9DE244_00_configuration-guide-for-cisco-unified_chapter_01010.html

Regards,

Senthil

What if we are using Precision Queue's how do we achieve queue to agent?

Precision Queuing and Queue to Agent is different, you can use both.

one is going to select agent based on competency and other will select based on Agent Expression you define in the ICM script node.

What exactly you are looking for?

My question is if its a precision queue based environment for queuing, if we want to use the Queue to agent, is there a way without using a Enterprise Skillgroup?

Queue to agent needs enterprise skill group and all the agent skills need to be part of that enterprise skill group, we don't want to create enterprise skill unless there is no other option. I am also looking Agent to Agent node.

aah ok got it, yes in that case you must need at-least one Enterprise skill which agent can be mapped to.

you can try changing the lookup reference as in attached and see if it helps in your situation.

There is no reason to baulk at this. You can have an environment that is totally Precision Routing and still use the Queue to Agent.

Make one skill group just for Q2A, assign all your agents to it, make one ESG containing the Q2A SG, and one Enterprise Route. This works perfectly and has no influence on your precision routing configuration, which is a totally different call flow.

Agent to Agent is not what you want.

Regards,
Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: