cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Status - Not Ready Phone Working

MichaelOsland
Level 4
Level 4

We are seeing a lot of agent states of Not Ready - Phone Working.  From the manual, it says that this means the following: The system issues this reason code when the agent’s phone comes up after it has been through a Phone Down state.  

The agents are telling me that they are not having any issues with their phones going down.  What else could be causing this?

8 Replies 8

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

That's really all that would be expected to cause it. Your agents wouldn't necessarily notice if they aren't paying close attention or if it happens quickly. If they are on a call, a phone briefly deregistering won't even be noticeable as the voice connection will stay up. To troubleshoot this, you'll want to investigate the agents state logs in CUIC to see if there are Not Ready "32759" reason codes being logged, and review UCCX logs if so.

michaelford7
Level 1
Level 1

I had solved this issue with one of our agents.  The message was displaying "not ready - Phone working", and when we tried to put it on ready status, it would show a failure message.  We later saw that there was a call stuck in finesse, and when we pressed "end" it would show an error.  I had the agent call me from their finesse extension to see it pop up on the screen in the Finesse desktop, and pressed "end" on the call.  The status changed to "reserved".  After that, they had an issue not being able to type anything on their computer, which may have been a separate error.  After restarting the computer, they were able to work normally.

michaelford7
Level 1
Level 1
I had solved this issue with one of our agents.  The message was displaying "not ready - Phone working", and when we tried to put it on ready status, it would show a failure message.  We later saw that there was a call stuck in finesse, and when we pressed "end" it would show an error.  I had the agent call me from their finesse extension to see it pop up on the screen in the Finesse desktop, and pressed "end" on the call.  The status changed to "reserved".  After that, they had an issue not being able to type anything on their computer, which may have been a separate error.  After restarting the computer, they were able to work normally.

armaan.rakha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, To get the root cause of same or if want to check exactly what is happening at Agent Desktop, below would be troubleshooting and issue isolation steps:

1) Ask 1-2 Agents who are frequently facing mentioned issue with Persistent Logging at Agent / Finesse:

https://<your-finesse-ip>/desktop/locallog   --> Click on Sign on with Persistent Logging --> Login.

2) Check for CUIC Reports or through Database for Agent states of Not Ready - Phone Working.

3) Make a note of Date Time Stamp and Agent details for which this has been observed, expecting that particular Agent was logged in with Persistent logging.

4) Use same URL ( https://<your-finesse-ip>/desktop/locallog) to check for Local Agent Desktop or Finesse Logs for above affected agent matching the Time Stamp when Agent states of Not Ready was observed, there must be some logs that particular state change which will have the Root Cause for that particular issue.

Cheer's 

Rate Helpful Posts !!

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please post the link to the finesse guide describing different not ready reasons explanation? Like the Not Read - Phone Working mentioned in this article description.

Thanks bill.king1, this is useful indeed but it doesn't have the Not Ready - Phone Working part, the one described in the article main description.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: