cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent transfer - script needed?

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Excuse maybe a stupid question but do you need to create anything special to allow agents transfer to calls between each other?  I've seen posts regarding scripts and agent to agent node but why?  If the dn is in cvp dial pattern why do you need a script - is it for reporting 

I'm using ucce 10 and cvp,  vxml

Thanks 

3 Replies 3

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've seen posts regarding scripts and agent to agent node but why?

For call control and reporting purposes. 

You don't need to have routing scripts to do direct or consult transfers. The idea of having a routing script do the work is for reporting (by way of call types), but to also control the call in case the agent doesn't answer or an invalid extension was entered etc.. 

Hi omar 

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned scripts, so the idea is that the agent dials a cti rp which points to a dial number associated to a call type associated to a script. How do configure the script so a call can be transfer to a rang of agent DN's?

Thanks 

This sounds like it is different than your other post, but there's a couple ways you could do this, like using this node (link below). There are caveats/things you'd want to consider though as far as if the agent isn't available, etc. You might find it easier, for instance, to have agents dial a menu where they enter in the destination agents' information and then let the script do the lookup/heavy lifting.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_0_1/Maintenance/Guide/UCCE_BK_S0E6B2B7_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide/UCCE_BK_S0E6B2B7_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide_chapter...